Sign in to follow this  
105Coues

10 Archery bull- First time I have drawn a

I am not sure how the planets seemed to align or maybe G&F made a mistake but I pulled the only premium tag of my life this draw. Either way I am pumped! Did anyone hunt this last year who would be willing to PM me with some pics and how the quality of the hunt was?? I would sure appreciate it. I have been a bowhunter since I was a teen and this is the second archery bull tag of my life and up to this point I have never even drawn my bow on an elk. I noticed the tag numbers were raised, more elk I hope! Thx

Ive never actually had a bull tag in 10 but i have hunted cow in this unit for the last 6 years and have seen some monster bulls. Personally i wouldn't spend any of your time in the williams corner. The best bulls I have seen were out past tin house. Get up high and find some pockets. The roads can be really rough on your truck if you want to see some very low pressured prime spots so be prepared. Should be a great hunt :)

Thanks for the responses!! I hope to meet ya out there. I was hoping some hunters from last year would show of some horn to get us pumped. :D

Thanks for the responses!! I hope to meet ya out there. I was hoping some hunters from last year would show of some horn to get us pumped. :D

Here you go, my nephews Unit 10 Bull last year, killed 5 minutes after daylight on opening day.

post-5093-0-60826800-1334639561_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on drawing the tag.

You may have completed the most difficult part that you have no control over.

The rest of the hunt is up to you. Best of luck and tag a bruiser!

From what I saw last year hunting and scouting antelope, it's not all that easy!

Might not be a bad idea to get a guide or lots of help. Especially with gas prices!

Congrats on a great tag! It will be a fun and challenging hunt, but if you put in the effort to scout and hunt hard you will most likely have success! Last year was pretty wet after the first day of the hunt making for pretty tough hunting conditions during the first week. Throughout the hunt I saw several larger bulls and a few bulls within archery range that didn't present a shot. I was fortunate to call in and arrow this bull on the 12th morning of the hunt! Good luck on the hunt it should be awesome!

september2011ELKHUNT014-2.jpg

Excellent hunt! There is no secret spots anymore!

If your on a big bull someone else wll be there to! Dont get stuck in one spot!

I 'll be there helpin someone with a tag one way or another!

We took 5 bulls out of 10 last year. Biggest being 370!

Ask the Bowtech posse (San Manuel guys) how the hunt went last year...LOL Good luck on your hunt...That is a great tag!

I used to be from San Manuel(grew up there) about 11 years ago. Can you PM me who the Bowtech guys are?? Got my curiosity up now.

Ask the Bowtech posse (San Manuel guys) how the hunt went last year...LOL Good luck on your hunt...That is a great tag!

I used to be from San Manuel(grew up there) about 11 years ago. Can you PM me who the Bowtech guys are?? Got my curiosity up now.

PM Sent...

Saw lots of bulls in 10 last year for the rifle season For my Dad he shot a little better than average 6x6. Some were big but they rut hard and most of the big bulls had busted up antlers by late Novemeber. You wont have to worry about that though. I will I got my tag for The Rifle hunt with my dad, Grandpa, and Brother who all have repeat hunts. It will be fun. Good Luck