azcouesfanatic

Turkey Success

Well life has been very difficult lately because last month my wife was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She recently had her first chemo treatment and let me tell you that stuff sucks. Thanks to great family I managed to make it out and hunt turkey's for two days on the White Mountain Apache Indian Reservation. Let me tell you there are no shortage of turkey's on the WMAT. It started out a little slow but on my last morning to hunt things picked up. I managed to call a bird in for my brother right off the roost and then I managed to knock down two more birds an hour later. I hunted with a bow for 1.5 days but on the last half day the bang stick came out. Not only did my brother Taylor and I knock down two birds that morning my buddy Jay Scott called in two birds for my brother Alex bringing our morning total to 5 birds. It was a great morning. Jay got great video of both of Alex's birds I will post the link later.

I am not sure what the point totals are for turkey's but I am sure someone can add them into our score.

Oh yeah, both my brother drew rifle antelope tags in AZ. Unit 9 and Unit 4a, what are the odds of that. My dad also drew an archery bull tag for 18b. Looks like it is going to be a busy fall.

Enjoy

post-3635-0-20754200-1335121627_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-29728100-1335121643_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-04107500-1335121656_thumb.jpg

post-3635-0-32806600-1335121668_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the turkey success and tag drawing success! I am so sorry to hear about Nicole...I hope they caught it early. I have another friend going through chemo and yeah, it's really not fun, but it's been working on his cancer really well.

I am very sorry to read about your wife, cancer sucks. Today I was surfing around on youtube and watched your wife shoot her buck in 2009 (by coincidence), I really don't know what to say other than sorry.

Congrats on your bird.

Sorry to hear that... At least the birds put a smile on your face