Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

Finally put my cam up.

Well I finally made up north to put my cam up in Elk country. As I was walking in about half way I came over a rise and 2 bears were sitting there about 20 feet away. I don't know who was more surprised but they ran off in different directions. As I am gathering myself I look to where the one bear would end up if it came out of the draw and I see another Bear sitting there on the next hillside. I take off my heavy pack(full of salt/cam) and I grab my small camera hoping to get a few pics before they move off. I am trying to take some pics and thinking to myself I can't believe I just saw 3 Bears. Then I hear a noise and I look up at a tree about 20 yards away and I see 2 Bear cubs. So now I get really nervous but I am still tryting to take pics of the cubs and I see a bear coming back towards me and the cubs so I start moving back thinking mama Bear is coming to protect her cubs. When I move back it scares her and she runs off again so she isn't too agressive. Well the cubs climb down and run off into the draw below me and mama Bear joins them so I feel better and continue to my spot to put up the cam. I placed the cam and dumped the salt and then headed back to the vehicle. I was planning on shed hunting a bit but didn't bring my pistol and didn't want another encounter with the bears, one was enough! As I am walking out I get to the spot where I could see the other hillside and there is a bear just sitting there. It had been at least 20 minutes since I was there so I was surprised it would still be hanging around. I took a few more pics but was angry I didn't have my big camera to get some great pics of bears. I will have my pistol and my big camera when I go back and check my cam!! What a morning!

post-4217-0-53379700-1338559143_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-10560400-1338559159_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-48564300-1338559175_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-23971200-1338559191_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-61559500-1338559221_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-36316900-1338559240_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-12549000-1338559267_thumb.jpg

what a story!

without pics almost unbelievable!

thanks for sharing!

James

Wow! What a morning! That's why we love the outdoors. Thanks for sharing. Please keep us updated when you go back to check your cam.

It's not every day you have that kind of excitement. You got some really good pictures for not having your best camera with ya. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what you get on your trail cam. :)

TJ

Wow! What a morning! That's why we love the outdoors. Thanks for sharing. Please keep us updated when you go back to check your cam.

Thanks for all the compliments and I will keep you updated when I check my cam.