Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Who is ready for august

This rain is good news for me. Hopefully some tanks get filled up and the deer start hittin them up. Right now got a camera up on some natural salt licks but my tanks have been empty. One good down poor can fill them right up my fingers are crossed. In the mean time my bow is out and i am shooting

Even though it is a good time to get a crack at some big bucks. I don't like the early hunt. Too dang hot. I will hopefully be ready with a new bow by December.

I've been turned on since jan. seen a nice buck two weeks in a row. Got some salt out and my camera. Looks like we're getting rain today. Do u guys start hunting the first week or wait to give them more time to grow. I think I'm going to ask for time off from work second week in to hunt

• Like 1

I wish I was ready, need to shoot more. I had to come to work today for a whole lot of nothing going on, straight pay! :angry: :angry: :angry: work is better than no work but just a bunch of bs,!

James

We are getting there! Been doing some scouting and seen plenty of deer and a fair share of buck hitting the water we plan on sitting. But it will have to be something big to end the year! ;)

Rain's are hear, salts out, stands are out, cameras out, nice coues bucks on camera, I hope the arrow fly's straight and true. I am ready!!

California sucks for many reasons, but one cool thing is I will be hunting deer next week...and it won't be 100 degrees outside. But still more excited about archery opening up in AZ!!

Not ready at all cause I have to see if I draw. Don't have the gas $ to scout my normal spots - have to save every penny if I draw. If I don't draw I'll run out and drop cams and get in a couple trips before the opener.

Just have to hope the rain comes then goes. No good sitting water if the rain pours too much so that it's everywhere and the deer get water from puddles. I always love august because the grass and ground is wet most of the time, makes for a good silent stalk.

ok getting closer to being ready.

still nothing big on the cams, well besides bears. ;)

got the stand up but won't you know it will prolly rain a lot and mess that all up. gonna go back up and counter for that and set a ground blind and maybe a brush blind to see if I can't cover all the bases this time...

Now to get more shooting in and pick up some more broadheads (stupid rabbits)

James

Stand is set on the telephone pole in my front yard, been shooting like crazy. This weekend ill go set one on a spring and then just watch the cameras from then on out. Daniel

With all the rain this year the hills are turning green at the right time for antler growth. 36b is green!

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I have been counting down the days until the august hunt. Have cams out and salt lick. Just need to shoot the bow everyday after work.