Muskeg,

I remember meeting you & your son as you were leaving unit 23. My brother-in-law & I were just arriving. We were in the Cheve with the horse trailer that met up with you two on the turn. I remember talking with you about the lack of deer in 23. We talked alittle about hunting in Alaska. I guess you are still doing that? Oh yah, we didn't see any deer in 23 either. Just alot of people. People everywhere. By the way, does anyone know Tony of Tony's hunt club? :)

too bad there arnt any deer in that area cause there is alot of wilderness zones which quads arnt allowed into just them horses and die hard foot hunters, oh well.

I have been in the upper end of 23 a couple of times over the last month and if there were deer there I don't know where they are going to water since almost all of the stock tanks are dry.

I hear theres a bunch of rabid hillbilly's running around in there looking for guys they can make their future ex wives. Most of them did hard time in Chino, some even broke out and are on the run, hiding right there in 23, its horrible.

23 sucks i spent 2 weeks last year trying to find a deer. let alone a buck i saw 2, not bad for 2 weeks thats a deer every week. I did see elvis in a place called the antlers.Man the heck got raised that night.

I hear theres a bunch of rabid hillbilly's running around in there looking for guys they can make their future ex wives. Most of them did hard time in Chino, some even broke out and are on the run, hiding right there in 23, its horrible.

Thats classic, i think i have seen them hillbillys in that area, only thing living in 23 are those squirrels if you want to make gravy that is

to all the people that were so helpful , thank you very much , but you weren't much help thank god is not a life matter otherwise i could consider myself dead.

i think this is the reason why things don't go so well in this country, we should help each other a little more.

god bless you all.

cacciatore

If you re-read the posts there are a few places that people mentioned as good areas to start, "life matter"...............kinda dramatic. Unit 23 is there whether it's deer season or not, take a drive and don't let your panties wad up so quick. B)

cacciatore,

Your hurtfull remarks are causing me anguish that I cannot bare. I feel as if I am being swallowed into the depths of despair!!!

Yep, it's time for the e-scouters to start posting. Makes ya wonder why their the first post is to ask where to go hunt in such-n-such a unit. I would hope that they would realize that one would not give the location of one's own hunting spot, or backups, or where their friends hunt, or their secondary and tertiary spots.

The best bet is to start with GnF recommendations:

http://azgfd.com/h_f/hunting_units.shtml

and spend a few days in the field and post your findings and ask for help after doing some legwork.

earth.google will give a view of the area and the bunnies at the mansion :lol:

Or do a search of former years posts to learn there are no deer left in unit 23 because they migrated to 45 due to the fires :o .

RR

Red Rabbit, you're getting the two unit 23's mixed up! All the deer in AZ 23 moved to unit 45 because of the fires. The deer in NM unit 23 were all eaten by the family of Sasquatch that live in there. I guess the bottom line is still the same........ there's no deer in unit 23!

TAM,

I took my rifle for a hike in NM 23 last year. I think SunDevil got the last coues there, a reclusive dink of a buck. Can't remember if CB said if it was being chased by a hairy, ape-like creature or not. Sure glad I didn't pull a tag there this year for a waste of a hunt.

In AZ, I had heard enough to know not to apply for 23. I've seen pics of bucks from the good old days, but those deer are dead now. Today, it's all about opportunity (to go camping with a rifle)

RR