Sign in to follow this  
outdoor rush

My 2011 Last Day Coues

This is a video of my 2011 coues deer i shot on the last day of the hunt. Hunted so hard for this deer i am so proud of this hard earned trophy. Shot him in 24b the second hunt of october, hiked in 7 miles from the truck and saw 21 deer this day only buck we saw. You can hear the wind howling in the video, gusts were up to 30mph. Enjoy!

Jake

• Like 1

Every Coues Deer hunt is special and you will remember the good hunts and the bad hunts for the rest of your life. I have exclusively hunted Coues deer for 28 years and can remember most hunts for their challenges, successes and failures. These are hardy deer that can be very difficult to find, see, stalk and shoot. I think everyone that has hunted Coues has done the 7 mile walks and come up completely empty. At the end of your 7 mile hike you might have killed a spike or a 125" class deer. You never know when you leave the truck what is in store for you. At the end of the hunt, it really doesn't matter whether you get one or not. It was a great challenge to get into their territory and have a good and successful hunt. I wish I had some of my hunts on video (when I started hunting, VCR recorder was the size of my backpack...LOL).

Congratulations on your successful hunt.

Jim

• Like 1

It should never be just about the antlers! Huge congrats and all that matters is that you are happy with your hunt and your trophy. I need to get a camera so I can film my hunts. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

Cool video,as everyone else stated,its your hunt,and what it means to you.I would rather pack him 7miles out than a monster anyway!!!

• Like 1

Great video! that deer literally took off after the shot!

Nice video. I also gave in and shot a spike last year in 24A. Same thing missed first shot and got him with the second. No record book buck but still lots of fun.

post-4190-0-99229000-1342208918.jpg

• Like 1

Nice video. I also gave in and shot a spike last year in 24A. Same thing missed first shot and got him with the second. No record book buck but still lots of fun.

Great looking martian you took in 24a. My dad and I were UFO hunters in 20C five or so years ago and harvested two great tasting martians aslo!

Congratulations on your trophy and good job on the video. My first deer was a spike and I can still remember the excitement I had that day as I shared it with my Dad & brother. Thanks for sharing!

TJ

• Like 1

Great looking martian you took in 24a. My dad and I were UFO hunters in 20C five or so years ago and harvested two great tasting martians aslo!

I call it the devil buck.

Great job!!!!! Like I was told, you can't eat the horns so why do you need a lot? Lol

• Like 1