AxisWorks LLC

Anyone planning on hunting with a supressor this year?

I know I am already really curious. No I have not owned one previously. Can you get one for a rifle, for my 30-06

I spoke with the AZGFD today to confirm that starting August 3rd suppressors and no mag limits will be officially legal......the answer ABSOLUTELY!!!! Protect your hear fellas......shoot suppressed firearms!

I would love to have a Rifle with a suppressor but last time I looked at them (surefire) they were very expensive. .308 is like $2K! :huh:

I am sure there are other options I did not do a lot of research just looked at the Surfire after reading an article.

Does anyone know if the "no magazine restriction" applies to shotguns? I shoot an over/under for quail but just got a 870 tactical that would make a great turkey gun but it hold 7 rounds (could be plugged).

Does anyone know if the "no magazine restriction" applies to shotguns? I shoot an over/under for quail but just got a 870 tactical that would make a great turkey gun but it hold 7 rounds (could be plugged).

You are allowed three shells in your shot gun for migratory birds. With quail and turkey you can pull the plug.

• Like 1

I would love to have a Rifle with a suppressor but last time I looked at them (surefire) they were very expensive. .308 is like $2K! :huh:

I am sure there are other options I did not do a lot of research just looked at the Surfire after reading an article.

They aren't quiet that expensive.

http://www.huntertownarms.com/suppressors.php

Just remember there is a one time $200 tax stamp on a supressor along with a 6 month wait for approval.

Also I thread barrels for $65.00. Threaded with a knurled cap to protect the threads when the can isn't attached for $80.00 in case anyone is looking to have this done.

I am thinking of doing this but have to determine which gun. I am leaning towards rebarreling my 6x284 for my daughter, it is a bit too heavy in its current Douglas heavy varmint barrel configuration.

Speedy. do you do all of this type of work as well?

I am thinking of doing this but have to determine which gun. I am leaning towards rebarreling my 6x284 for my daughter, it is a bit too heavy in its current Douglas heavy varmint barrel configuration.

Speedy. do you do all of this type of work as well?

PM Sent

Does any know where you can purchase a Silencer for any firearm

ATF ...........................................................................

\

LOL! Your not going to get a suppressor from the ATF. They are the ones trying to take our rights of owning one away from us.

There are many local Class 3 gun shops in the valley here that sell them. Its just like buying a gun only there is more paperwork and the gun shop or private party that is selling the suppressor must keep

possession of the suppressor untill the transfer paprework is approved by the BATF. The BATF will send the approved paperwork to the gunshop / Private seller along with the new owners stamp. You as the purchaser will get a call from the seller saying your stamp is here come get your supressor at that point you make copys of the original stamp than secure it in a safe place. (I use a safety deposit box for all my NFA Stamps.) Anywhere the supressor is you must have a copy of the stamp with it at all times. I keep a copy in my safe and in my wallet.

BTW any place that sells NFA items will gladly answer any questions, print and walk you through the paperwork.

I personally use Tim Mcbride from AZ East Valley Class 3 LLC. His shop is in with AJI Sporting goods in Apache Junction.

Speedy.

BTW The Stamp for a suppressor is a one time fee of $200 so whatever the supressor you choose costs add the $200 on top of it. The paperwork takes 4-6 and on some occasions up to 8 months form our beloved BATF agency.

So after two years, any updates to the question, are ya'll hunting with suppressors? I plan on getting after coyotes with a suppressed .223. I just need to make the time to get out.