GRONG

New set I found yesterday

Finally got out yesterday to look for coues sheds and got lucky.

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

This is the same buck I got a lot of pics of over this past fall/winter.

bothbucks.jpg

Cool find! Guess we know this will be a top choice for you if you get drawn!

Cool find, the one in your left hand is that a break? Also looks like something gnawed on it?

I got a nice rack from a desert mulie(4x5) I found I'd like to post if I could figure out how to post pics.

Nice work Josh! How far apart were they, and how far from the trail camera were they?

I guess I shoulda added some more details. I went out specifically looking for this buck's sheds, his new ones anyway but never could come up with them. I jumped 2 bucks near there, one was a small buck and the other one was grown out well past his G2s already. Made me realize I need to get my trail cams back up. After finding the first antler I was way excited to see it was from that buck. For a minute I thought it may be this year's drop but the G3 on the antler was too long, he barely had one on that side last year. It took me about 20 minutes of some hardcore zigzagging but finally came up with the match about 100 yards away. Flippin squirrels had eaten off the beam and nearly got away with the G2 if I hadn't of found it when I did. Total bummer!! At least I had the match though. Found a decent 2pt while looking for the match but it's an old chalker. Oh ya, the sheds were about 1/2 mile from the salt lick. Maybe I'll get lucky and find his newest set one of these days. If I can find the time come this fall I'd sure like a chance to stick an arrow between his ribs as I only got to sit in the stand about 4 days this past winter.

Josh

Nice set of sheds. Looks like that one buck is gonna be pretty nice. Thanks for sending me the pics. Think about the nov. hunt will ya.

Later Rich

Excellent find. My good luck shed hunting spree has come to an end... For a while I was finding new sheds almost every time I went out (fresh sheds from 9 different bucks, old sheds from 3 more). Seeing those sheds makes me realize that 1.) other people are out there looking for MY sheds right now! How dare they! and 2.) Some rat or squirrel or fox or coyote might be chewing on MY sheds right now! How dare they!?

very nice they look great, best of luck placing that arrow in a few weeks.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Hopefully next time you have that buck's antlers in your hands he'll still be attached to them. Good luck in the draw and this fall.

Ron