Sign in to follow this  
270wsm

need info on leftover tags

You will know before walk-ins are available whether you were drawn or not. You can usually call like Wednesday and they will know whether you were drawn,

Is there anyone out there that can attached the leftover tags...its still just taking me over and over to the same page when I click on the link on the G&F site?

It would be much apprecicated...I tried searching in google for them but again, it just takes me to the same link. Maybe its just my computer

The first time I ever tried for a leftover tag I was very concerned about when to mail. Not wanting to mail to early, I mailed mine on the friday before and received my tag. That is what do now.

Good Luck,

Dave B

Dave B thanks for waking all the early birds yesterday to get the worm before the G and F hawk could patrol the sky's! You are the man!

Dave B thanks for waking all the early birds yesterday to get the worm before the G and F hawk could patrol the sky's! You are the man!

Tyler,

I've been lurking for years, with the level of experience the members here have, I really neve had anything interesting to post.

I figured information about the results would be pretty good for a first post. :D

Thanks,

Dave B

Looking to pick up a left over tag. Not much info on the process on the azgfd website so I'm guessing it's similar to draw process? Do we fill out the same paper application as we do for the draw? Do we fill out hunt choices the same or is there just one choice? Is the fee for it the 42.25 which includes the app fee? Anyone can clear this up for me that would be great!

I thought you just used the envelope the apps. Came

with?? It already has the address printed on it.

nope - those go to a PO Box they use for the draw. leftovers go right to their main office. address is on the top of the page that has all the leftover info on it.

The process is the same as the regular applicationas far as the cost, which is the same for a leftover deer permit and includes the app fee. You use the regular app form and you can either mail it to the street address or the P.O. Box. BOTH get delivered to the game department on the same day they are received at the PO. They are then brought in large containers to the G&F headquarters.

And yes, you can put as many choices as you like on the app, and they will ALL be looked at at the same time. There is NO DRAW involved. The folks sit down around a table with a bin of apps in front of them and start opening envelopes in no specific order. So if someone is on top of the first bin, it's likely they will get a first choice leftover. The process continues until all the permits are spoken for or until they have no other apps to open. Permits that are then left go on OTC sale.

Nothing I've seen had the address you mentioned

I called G&F right now the guy said it would still be

Ok to use the Po box Address but it's better to send it

Directly to the office.

right at the top of the page it says:

PLEASE MAIL TO:

Arizona Game & Fish

Att: Draw/First Come

5000 W. Carefree Highway

Phoenix, AZ. 85086