Sign in to follow this  
270wsm

need info on leftover tags

I found out I drew a leftover this morning by calling game and fish and asking,.

We called and asked yesterday and the nice lady looked it up for and said we got a couple. Check still hasn't posted to my account though.

My check hasn't posted yet either but I would guess they wait to mail them till they clear

Sweet....congrats Dom, still waiting to see if we'll be down your way this year or not. Also, got your text today, count me in! I guess I should wash the boat first :wacko:

Cool joe sounds good I will give you a call sat and touch bases with ya!

Well got my leftover, only my 2nd year hunting deer in AZ. This is crazy to much stress!! spend 364 days a year planning/shooting to maybe get drawn or maybe not. I am lucky I live down south I am close to where most of the leftover tags are. If I lived in Flagstaff I dont know what I would do. I was lucky last year and got a 12lb spike :), Was wondering if it was luck, so will try the same spot this year. I like it much better just going in and getting your tag, but I also understand why that would not work here. I was raised here, but did not do any deer hunting as a kid. I would rather hunt here than anywhere, but it is stressfull :) I got a end of October tag still new to this, so any help would be great. Good luck to all

called today drew 35a leftover there is 4 of us going down we have all taged out 2 years in a row now ,cant wait to make it 3

Anyone in 34A?

When is the deadline to send in a paper app for a leftover tag?

As Flatlander implied, best to visit the nearest G&F regional office Monday morning as the mail and processing would occur after that.

I had my wife put mine in the mail first thing this morning, due to work I won't be able to make it to an office Monday. Do you think it was too late sending it this morning?

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was biting nails over the leftover tags. I also sent out my form last week and have yet to have the check hit my account and was starting to panic. Looks like I'll just wait and call them Monday to see like some of the rest of you did. Was starting to think a drive up to the Tucson office was in my near future.