Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

binocular question

Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42. The diamondbacks are in the same price range as the Monarchs but IMO they are much better glass. Can't go wrong with either.

+1

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to use swaro's and Vortex (along with my own Nikons) for glassing/scouting. I am sold on the Vortex!

My wife's uncle had a pair and they were better than my Nikons (I am still a nikon fan though) and they were every bit as good as the swaro's in my opinon and MUCH less expensive. I got to use all these for a week in Unit 1 and will be purchasing Vortex when I get the money. Just great quality for the price.

+1 on the Leupold Acadias. That's what I carry. great glass for the price.

Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42. The diamondbacks are in the same price range as the Monarchs but IMO they are much better glass. Can't go wrong with either.

+1

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to use swaro's and Vortex (along with my own Nikons) for glassing/scouting. I am sold on the Vortex!

My wife's uncle had a pair and they were better than my Nikons (I am still a nikon fan though) and they were every bit as good as the swaro's in my opinon and MUCH less expensive. I got to use all these for a week in Unit 1 and will be purchasing Vortex when I get the money. Just great quality for the price.

You will not regret the purchase Chris I have a pair of 10x42 Talons and they are great.

Not suggesting a brand BUT...I would not suggest 8x if hunting coues. I used them for a year or so and those Coues are so small that I prefer the 10x even when I have 15's in my pack. occasionally I will use 8's for elk or mule deer, but still prefer a decent 10x. My preference is a light weight 10x42.

Zen ray 10x43 around my neck. 15x swaros in my pack. Only use the 15s on a tripod.

The lowest end binos I would go with are nikon monarchs. Then anyhing above that.

Not many people mention zen ray on here but I found they are super awsome for the money.

I've tried vortex but found them worse than my older nikons. They were the older non HD vipers

But cost more than the zens.

I know everyone is going to slam me for not loving vortex,but I thought I would throw out

Another option that is not too expensive.

• Like 1

VORTEX ALSO MAKES THE CROSSFIRE IN 8 X 42 AND 10 X 42, MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE ON THE 10 (S) IS $ 150.00 AND THE 8 (S) $ 140.00. I HAVE A PAIR OF EACH IN STOCK.

JIM WHITE

928-635-5316

I purchased a pair of 10x50 Diamondbacks last year for my son and when comparing them to my Swarvo EL's which are about 8 years old, I do see a slight difference in crispness but it is probably not too significant if your under the age of 40.