Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

any new gear this year?

i think this has been posted every year, but its good to talk about before the draw!

i will be either taking out my 7mag or my good ole .270wsm but sporting a new piece of glass. still the saem zeiss 15x60's and velbon tripod as last year. will be wearing Danner Elk hunter boots and an eberlestock x1 pack. wore this combo on my lion/pig hunt. was super impressed with the pack, the boots needed more breaking in but are good to go now(with some duct tape on the heels) new Garmin Rino 110 radio/GPS' which are awesome!

Just registered...hoping draw results come quickly so we have some new topics to read and hope on. But until then... Just got some of the Cabela's speed hunter boots that I will be trying out. I am also in the market for a new spotting scope (much to my wife's dismay). Looking for recommendations and pricing on the more resonable side. The wife doesn't understand why I need more gear, but I was recently converted from a muley hunter to a couse hunter. What a whole different ball game, and I am never going back!

I'll be buying a new pair of boots real soon. I was going to get the Lowa sheep hunters but I didn't like the way they felt when I tried them on at the SCI convention in Reno. Right now I think I'll be going with the Lathrop and Sons boot system featuring Hanwag boots. They ain't cheap but sound like a great set up. I think I'm in pretty good shape with the rest of my gear. Though you never know since I'm a certified "Gear Freak" :lol:

New Binos (Leica Duovid 10+15) from Doug@CameraLand, new MysteryRanch NICE pack w/ load carrier, 6.5 WSM being built on a Winchester SuperGrade, and a new 2006 December WT tag ( I got a peek at the pre-draw results :lol: .)

Doug~RR

Casey,

Ask Lark. He got a new mule to get back into 36b come December, so I'm assuming that was your tag you woulda drawn. Shoulda spent the money on banjo lessons <_< .

He said the rifle should be done in time to work up loads for Kodiak in late Oct.

RR

awesome! thats gonna be amazing!

little do you guys know, i do take banjo lessons on the side.... FROM LARKS DAUGHTER!!!!! i figured since hes 'bout da bess there is in the wess, his kin might kno a ting' or due' 'bout dem der stringed thingys. man she sho is a good teesher

For my Dec 36B hunt I plan on getting a new scope for my .243, new pack, new boots, new sidearm, and probably some other stuff since I don't have very much hunting gear yet. Oh yeah, new binoculars....anybody have experience with Leupold binoculars???????? I was wondering if they are very good or not since they are a lot cheaper than the top of the line glasses. I should have enough time to accumulate all this since I have until December ;) .

While we are talking leupold, does anybody have anything to say about the sequia spotting scope? I was going to look into one and that is about my price range.

Also looking to put a lift on my truck. 04 dodge quad cab. My buddies got a 6" lift on his chevy and although there a very few places he can't go, the thing beats the heck out of you. I was looking to keep as smooth a ride as I can.

While we are talking leupold, does anybody have anything to say about the sequia spotting scope? I was going to look into one and that is about my price range.

Also looking to put a lift on my truck. 04 dodge quad cab. My buddies got a 6" lift on his chevy and although there a very few places he can't go, the thing beats the heck out of you. I was looking to keep as smooth a ride as I can.

I have heard that the Sequoia Scope sucks. For the same money, the Nikon Sky and Earth is supposedly much better.

i have a 6" lift on my GMC and allthought it works wonders on the ladies and actually isnt bad on gas with 35" tires and a v8 ( 16 on the freeway) it is a little rough on the ride.

i have a wind river spotting scope that i would be willing to part with, i think it has been used like 2 times MAYBE. it comes with 2 bags to carry it and a small tripod.

The Nikon was another one on my list to have a look at. Hopefully I will get a look at both of them in the next couple weekends. How much does it take to buy a slightly used leupold?

What kind of lift do you have on the GMC? I have heard the Superlift has a pretty decent lift for the Dodge. And can anybody recommend anywhere to buy and have it installed (phoenix area)?