Coach

WTB, Wall Tent, Cabelas Alaknak

I've got a couple big hunts coming up where hauling a big camp trailer just isn't an option. I've always wanted either a quality cotton wall tent or Cabela's Alaknak, and just wanted to see if there are any bargains to be had.

I might get through the season borrowing from friends, but I'd rather not ask to borrow expensive gear. If the price is right, I'd rather just get one now. If any of you guys are in the valley and see a good deal in the Cabela's Bargain Barn, I'd appreciate a head's up.

For the Alaknak, I'd only be interested in the 12x12. Same basic dimensions for a wall tent, would like a floor. With either, a good quailty stove is a huge plus.

• Like 1

I've got a couple big hunts coming up where hauling a big camp trailer just isn't an option. I've always wanted either a quality cotton wall tent or Cabela's Alaknak, and just wanted to see if there are any bargains to be had.

I might get through the season borrowing from friends, but I'd rather not ask to borrow expensive gear. If the price is right, I'd rather just get one now. If any of you guys are in the valley and see a good deal in the Cabela's Bargain Barn, I'd appreciate a head's up.

For the Alaknak, I'd only be interested in the 12x12. Same basic dimensions for a wall tent, would like a floor. With either, a good quailty stove is a huge plus.

Coach Cabelas is having a sale on the 16th to the 22nd and your tents are on sale for 10% off, I just got the add in the mail.

I have the Outback Lodge, same style as the Alaknak, and the Bighorn II, prefer the Bighorn as it doesn't have the center pole. My Outback Lodge has stood up to some pretty tough weather over the years, couple times it was the only tent standing after a big wind. Both are great 2 person camps with everything inside them.

• Like 2

The 12 x 20 is more than worth the extra money and just as easy to set up. In my opinion, there is no comparison between the two. I own both sizes.

Keep an eye on Craig's List and/or your local classifieds, as there's deals out there. A buddy of mine just scored a 12x14 Davis with a full internal frame and Cylinder Stove for $500.00.

Also wanted to add, I wouldn't own a wall tent with a sewn in floor. It'd be a muddy mess in bad weather and more hassle than it's worth trying to set the thing up. Poly or canvas tarps are cheap and make great tent floors. Sweep 'em off and use them until they're filthy dirty or tattered and chuck 'em and buy new.

coach, i have the 12x20 from cabelas and have used it for 10 years on kaibab, colorado, etc....i put carpet down for the floor and love the tent. it will withstand wind, snow, rain etc. has worked good for me....allen

I have an Alaknak, and love it.

If you live relatively close to a Cabelas, I would recommed you check it out in person. They usually have 'returns' in their bargain basement, and you might be able to find a real good deal there! Sometimes just missing stakes, etc.... Good luck!

S.

:)

I have used a davis wall tent for 15+ years used it for hunting fishing and rendezvous no problems at all. one is a 12'x14' wall tent with stove the other is a 9'x9' hunter .

I have an Alaknak, and love it.

If you live relatively close to a Cabelas, I would recommed you check it out in person. They usually have 'returns' in their bargain basement, and you might be able to find a real good deal there! Sometimes just missing stakes, etc.... Good luck!

S.

:)

Yup, that's what I'm looikng for. And from the sounds of it, the 20x12 would even be better. Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I'm just getting caught up.

I was jsut @ cabelas yeasterday and they had a 12x20 alaknak for 769.00 in the bargain cave. Im not sure what was wrong with it, but looked like almost half price

Darn it, seems it is common for people to "rent" this tent and then return it and get their rental fee back @ cabelas. Should be another in the near future. good luck

• Like 1