Sign in to follow this  
wtlathen

My first bruin

We have numerous pics of several bears at a natural spring. We thought it would be good for whitetails. It turns out to be a heck of a bear spring. After a couple of hours in the stand on opening evening, this cinnamon bruin came in within 22yds. He went broadside and I let him have it. It was an unbelievable feeling being that close to such an awesome animal. Took 3 full grown men to put him on the front of a quad after he was gutted. Can't wait to check him in and get the final measurements. Thanks to Doug and Tyler Kleck. Nick and Kyle. A big thanks to my wife for headin up the proccessing. Her and my brother-in-law are meat cutters, Dallas helped with quartering. The Father-in-law helped with wrapping. Awesome experience.

post-3040-0-99677500-1344796609.jpg

post-3040-0-81457400-1344796636_thumb.jpg

post-3040-0-81464200-1344796887.jpg

post-3040-0-20589200-1344796914_thumb.jpg

Great looking bear!

Very nice!

Congratulations!

Post up pics when you cook him up.

...and don't forget to share the measurements too. ;)

Sweet color. Cinnamons are my favorite! How long did you wait before tracking him?

When the arrow hit, I knew it was a good hit he for approx. 40 yds and crashed. He instantly moaned. I knew he had expired. I was able to go see him in about 15 minutes after the shot. Had to lower my gear from the stand, climb out, regain my composier. find the arrow. Which wasn't hard. It was sticking straight up out of the ground right behind where i hit him. Upon cleaning him out, I discovered I went through the right lung and caught the top 2" of his heart.

HA, look who it is! Awesome job Wes! I know my archery bear is one of my most valued trophies, just something about hunting them with a bow, you'll never forget the experience! That's a beautiful bear, congrats! JIM>