Dan H

Microsheds

MicroWTShedsUnit32MudSprings.jpg

Ok, lets kill some time waiting for the draw.

And see who has the smallest sheds.

Dan

I think that would have been a good contest...BUT I bet you've already took first place with those! That one on the left is by far the smallest shed i have ever seen! Awesome, thanks, JIM>

Guest Ernesto C

hummmm..........I dont know......I think those are bigger that the buck Casey took last year.

Dan, I have a small one like the one on the left also. I think it might even be a little shorter. I found these on the same day about 10 yards apart. David

Dsc09725.jpg

"Dan, I have a small one like the one on the left also. I think it might even be a little shorter"

Hey David........... That's a little tooo much info dude! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P JIM>

I have some comp. for you Dan. When I get back from the shoot in Williams i'll post mine. I think yours has a little more mass but the length is the same. And I'm talking Coues sheds there Jimbo aka "COOSEFAN" :lol:

Yea, like the post about big trucks =,.....maybe I started tis sucker out on a wrong note.

My buddy on that hunt that year found a couple brutes one with just massive palmation.

And these were all I found.

I remember the last day I glassed a nice shed down in this canyon.

It's probably chalk board material now.

Thanks,

Dan

"Dan, I have a small one like the one on the left also. I think it might even be a little shorter"

Hey David........... That's a little tooo much info dude! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P JIM>

Now thats funny. :P

You guys will get a kick out of these!

Microsheds03.jpg

The one on the left is a real giant :D

I found the two tiny ones in unit 31 a few years back

kwp, that one in the middle is by far the smallest shed I have ever seen........I guarantee you win this contest with that one! JIM>

i wonder if the one on the right side of dan's first post is an old buck that was not producing much horn any more a an injured buck. The base is bigger and shaped funny.

what about "who shot the smallest buck?" if anyone wants to talk about that?

Here's my smallest, from last year. It was tough hunting and glassed up this buck right up against a tree, he had fairly decent bases and that was all I could see since most of his head was hidden so I decided to take him. It was a tough angle while he was facing towards me, with a solid rest I was able to place my shot right into the base of his neck at 238 yrds, and exited out of his last rib bone, I walked up to him and witnessed a HUGE ground shrinkage but heck i took his nasty genes off the mountain. Game and Fish aged him at 3 1/2 yrs and I wouldn't bother measuring him up

pict1035.jpg

shuttle012.jpg

Wow Elkhunter, we all owe you a BIG THANKS for taking that genetic mess out of the breeding pool. What unit was that out of??

Was there anything else strange about him???

;)