Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Frustrated

Just got back from checking my camera and I never expected to see what I did. My camera was there and it had been messed with by cows but I wasnt surprised by this, what surprised me and has me worried now is that the cement water catchment that had been full of water for the last 2 months was 2/3 of the way empty. when I checked my camera last week it was completely full. at this rate it will be completely dry by opening day. I just cant believe this!! Its so frustrating, I had some really good bucks coming in to this water and just before opening day it is going to dry out! I checked the storage tank that feeds this and it is also empty. there are lots of cattle in the area so I would assume that the ranchers in the area would want to keep water in there. also the road that leads to this tank has a gate that has a red AZGFD tag on it that says "Please keep gate closed" so maybe AZGFD manages it. I dont know. I guess I can just hope that the tanks get filled back up before next friday. I set up my ground blind anyway so hopefully it turns out ok. Alright I'm done venting now.

Hey KennyAz I've ran into the same problem you did last year. I was really considering digging a hole under a tree or in a wash placing a poly carbon water trough in the bottom and putting in 15-25 gallons a time to keep the deer around. Little bit of work but could pay off big time there's feed everywhere, water is not found everywhere though.

Fill up the 5 gallon jugs with neighbors hose( will save you money).

• Like 2

I was once told by a G&F officer that in his unit if they are empty and are G&F tanks to let him know and he can arrange to have it filled. not sure if all units work that way too. could call and ask about that particular tank

If there wasn't so much cattle in the area I wouldn't mind doing my own homemade water catchment but I wouldn't be able to keep up with the amount of cattle in the area.

Naturegirl that's a good idea trying to talk to the WM. I'm not sure if this is a game and fish tank or not but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Probably won't be able to get a hold of them on the weekends though.

The rains the last few weeks have filled up every pool and pond in every canyon in my unit. Guess it will be spot and stalk for me.

Update: I came to the tank on Friday afternoon and the tank was full again. I'm pretty relieved about this. So I sat in my ground blind until about 530. I decided to take it down and set up my chair tucked into some bushes because even the cattle that came in to drink were spooked by it. So apparently they had just fixed the pump for this tank that morning cause the rancher came riding through right at prime time on his quad. I say prime time cause between 6 and 8 is when I had most action on my camera. He drove through at about 630 with his little girls on a quad making all kinds of noise. But at least I got to talk to him. So I built a ground blind out of brush and I am sitting here sweating my butt off as I'm typing this waiting for that big buck to come in. It's almost prime time!!!

Shoot strait Kenny, make it happen captain.

One of our favorite tanks to check out has fallen victim to the Wallow Fire. It collected drainage water but also had spring water elevated down to it with black pipe.

That pipe got damaged and the tank no longer recieves spring water.

I contacted G&F and said I would donate time to restore that pipe line or fix damaged areas. I have yet to get anybody to respond to that offer.

Good tank gone dry. :angry:

One of our favorite tanks to check out has fallen victim to the Wallow Fire. It collected drainage water but also had spring water elevated down to it with black pipe.

That pipe got damaged and the tank no longer recieves spring water.

I contacted G&F and said I would donate time to restore that pipe line or fix damaged areas. I have yet to get anybody to respond to that offer.

Good tank gone dry. :angry:

Obama prolly has to sign off on that and since you're donating your time he'll prolly farm it out and pay big$ to some other guy and say he created more jobs!

James