Sign in to follow this  
Campnichols

New Mexico Father/Son Bear Hunt

My son and I just returned from New Mexico on our first bear hunt. What a remarkable experience!!

The kicker to it all is I wanted my son to tag out before me as it would be his first major big game animal if we were blessed enough to see one.

Well if this mature boar came into water and he put a perfect heart shot on him......Proud Dad!!

Now the craziest thing is my sow came in darn near 24 hours later to the minute on the same pond, sitting in the same blind and that bear was harvested two feet from where my sons was. Incredible! Her jet black color is georgeous.

We spent the next three days viewing antelope, mule deer, turkeys, dozens of cow elk and eleven bulls ranging from 300 to 390.

Memories are alway made with family and friends.

Thanks to my good friend/guide Bub for all his help.

post-6445-0-04964600-1345681485.jpg

post-6445-0-52062000-1345681571_thumb.jpg

Amazing! Not one but 2 bears. Congratulations! That's quiet the accomplishment. Beautiful bears and what a great hunt! I'm sure you'll tell this story a thousand times and it will never get old.

Good lookin bears Lance. The big smiles tell the whole story. Congrats on a great hunt and good times with your son. David

Two fine bears for sure!Congrats.

Them are some good memories for the book right there. A father/son hunt can't be beat. It's the way god intended it to be. Thanks for sharing.

TJ