Chef

Duwane Adams' camp archery...

Duwane Adams has been busy this season with a lot of activity this August.

Plenty of nice bucks in the area and some close calls and near misses!

Their blind locations have been hotter than usual and they are pretty excited at the possibilities.

All the while having fun chasing these coues with stick and string.

Here are two bucks that have gone down so far.

post-67-0-37911800-1346268241_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-82885600-1346268230_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-91603200-1346268232_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-03470900-1346268235_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-73847100-1346268236_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-65507800-1346268238_thumb.jpg

Congrats to the hunters!

Chef,

Thank you for posting the pictures, you know Duwane and I are a little slow on the subject! Plus we are still in hot pursuit of one more great coues buck for our last client. Duwane rough scored Dr. Mike Wilsons buck at 114". We have his two brothers and his Father still coming into our sites-just praying it happens with the client there. I had the BIG guy come in the other morning to 18 yards-Dr. Mike was in the other blind! It worked out ok for him though. We also got 20 minutes of prime morning light video of a HUGE lion tom on his fresh kill. As I filmed this cat from 150 yards away, you can sure bet I was missing my rifle. I have seen several lions in my life-all adding up to about thirty seconds, never have I had twenty minutes of broadside, daylight opportunity! As you know, while guiding we can not carry long guns (I figured it was a long shot for my .357), so I settled for filming-just shot him in a different way. I also managed a very short video shot of the stud Coues! In regards to this toad, let just say this, when this guy came in to my blind the other morning, I looked up and saw what I knew was a very mature deer and yet he only had 8-9" spikes. I looked at him for twenty seconds, then he turned his head-the tree had been perfectly blocking his rack-he was not a spike, what I was seeing was his eye guards! Duwane estimates him to be in the 120's. We are saying extra prayers he comes back soon! This hunt finishes today-we will rest the area several days and then start two more clients after these studs this week end. I will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks again-I sure hope I'll be seeing you in Kiabab, I enjoy your company. Best regards, safe travels and good hunting, Don

Those are great, I really need to chase 'em again in the velvet...

Thanks for posting the pictures Chef. Our client Bill had wanted to kill a coues for over 20 years (a bucket list item) and had made a few previous attempts on his own-this is his 1st day-2 hour buck! We are just having the "perfect storm" of an early season-great clients coming into contact with great bucks! Talked to Duwane this morning, our last client for the early season hunt had just killed a 102" buck. We went 4 for 5 this year with the one client who did not kill passing on 10-15 bucks, including several in the Pope and Young class. He was a true professional and wanted a Booner or nothing. The four bucks rough scored 114", 102", 87" and 86". I thank God for talented clients, the opportunity to guide for Duwane Adams and live the dream and for allowing us to harvest one of his most beautiful animal's-the coues deer. Good hunting and safe travels.

• Like 1

Congrats on the great bucks. Just a heads up, on those first few pics, probably not the best places to take a field photo if you want to keep those areas somewhat quiet.

Thanks-we are proud of our clients acomplishment. In regards to your advice-you are dead on right!!!! We work very hard on these locations and it would be a shame to "show our cards" by making the mistake of revealing to much in pictures or video! We often deny our hunters request for certain back drops just for the reason you have stated. I thank you for your advice and I thank God I guide for Duwane Adams who taught me well.