Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Cardboard Target

i remember back in the day it was layed flat and compressed worked gr8 just turned aluminum arrows silver quite quick i heard of another cheap sollution recently i will trade you the answer to cheap target for coordinates to the buck in your avatar. (:

i remember back in the day it was layed flat and compressed worked gr8 just turned aluminum arrows silver quite quick i heard of another cheap sollution recently i will trade you the answer to cheap target for coordinates to the buck in your avatar. (:

This is the best I can give you at this time......I have hunted him for 3 years now, and I am by no means a great hunter but he has frustrated me to death.

One of my friends found two years worth of his sheds.........man that makes me mad.

I have a tag again this year and will be in there trying to catch up with this guy.

post-2034-0-97702000-1347560981_thumb.jpg

Headed in before the october hunt to check cams. Hopefully the bears haven't eaten my camera.

I am excited to see if he shows up again, plus I want to try and find this years antlers from him.

I am worried that I have looked at this buck so much on film that I am going to blow it if I actually get to see him with a gun in my hand...........

I am worried that I have looked at this buck so much on film that I am going to blow it if I actually get to see him with a gun in my hand...........

hahaha, I know the feeling. Just remember, there's no reason to get excited until he's dead ;) . Very cool buck, good luck to you.

This is the best I can give you at this time......I have hunted him for 3 years now, and I am by no means a great hunter but he has frustrated me to death.

One of my friends found two years worth of his sheds.........man that makes me mad.

I have a tag again this year and will be in there trying to catch up with this guy.

post-2034-0-97702000-1347560981_thumb.jpg

Great looking buck! Hopefully he doesn't sneak out the back door on you and you have a story to tell this fall.

i became obsesessed with that dang bull in my avatar and for 2 weeks that turkey just danced all around me and never did let me put an arrow in him. ): i ended up shooting a spike on last day after letting few nice bulls walk cuz i just wanted that 1 stupid bull. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

oh crap i have a tag for tomorrow morning i guess i should get off the dang computer and pack!!!

i became obsesessed with that dang bull in my avatar and for 2 weeks that turkey just danced all around me and never did let me put an arrow in him. ): i ended up shooting a spike on last day after letting few nice bulls walk cuz i just wanted that 1 stupid bull. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

oh crap i have a tag for tomorrow morning i guess i should get off the dang computer and pack!!!

I would obsess over that bull as well. Got any full size pics you could share? ;) I had pics and video of the buck in my avatar from october the year I killed him (killed him in December), and that prodcued a bit of an obsession. Lets just say there were some wives who were sick of hearing about "that dam deer" and wanted him dead as much as I did ;)

Cardboard makes a bad target. I have been using a different cheap solution... A feed bag jam packed with old clothes, towels and I think I have a sheet in there, then duct taped to keep it together. When the outside gets holey, I juest slid it all into another feed bag. It works very well stopping field tips and broadheads, although I limit BH shooting into it because I have to open it up and take out the stuffing to remove the BHs.

Cardboard makes a bad target. I have been using a different cheap solution... A feed bag jam packed with old clothes, towels and I think I have a sheet in there, then duct taped to keep it together. When the outside gets holey, I juest slid it all into another feed bag. It works very well stopping field tips and broadheads, although I limit BH shooting into it because I have to open it up and take out the stuffing to remove the BHs.

My son actually built one using dog food bags and did the exact same thing except we had saved a bunch of bags and that was what he stuffed inside. It works really pretty dang good as you say.

We have had trouble getting arrows out but not too bad.

He was pretty proud of himself for making a target......thanks.......

If you need a taget I have a used block you can have. Its weathered a bit but still stops arrows.

I am actually looking for a back drop for the.....wild arrow............Cole wants to shoot in the back yard and we looked into buying straw bales but dang, that is 4o-50 bucks just for the backstop.....

Thanks Bonecollector....where you located at?? Not really looking for handouts, we got him a nice 3-D whitetail deer for his birthday so it's not like he doesn't have something to shoot at.

But if I were to cross your neck of the woods I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up another target to shoot at.......

Hope you find a biggun to stick an arrow in......get us a report......