Shot this elk at 80 yards and she only went 60 before crashing

post-2786-0-79760900-1348023679_thumb.jpg

post-2786-0-40982300-1348023727_thumb.jpg

post-2786-0-77682900-1348023751_thumb.jpg

post-2786-0-48893800-1348027232_thumb.jpg

post-2786-0-91316400-1348077672_thumb.jpg

100 yard group

post-2786-0-40292600-1348077747_thumb.jpg

350 yard group that's my wedding rings I'm pretty confident on my shot placement but still passed the 150 yard shot and snuck up closer and it was just one shot kill

Back Straps and Coors. Good combo

I will be the first to say what many are thinking...... I think hunting an elk with a .223 is unethical as heck... I know it can kill an elk, so can a 22 or a blow gun dart if it is perfect........ But....... I would never do it! My kids have a .243 and I am not sure I would let them use it on a cow hunt. Sensationalizing using a tiny bullet to kill an elk.??? Not a good idea

Whitey

• Like 1

I will be the first to say what many are thinking...... I think hunting an elk with a .223 is unethical as heck... I know it can kill an elk, so can a 22 or a blow gun dart if it is perfect........ But....... I would never do it! My kids have a .243 and I am not sure I would let them use it on a cow hunt. Sensationalizing using a tiny bullet to kill an elk.??? Not a good idea

Whitey

Also looks like there might be a few holes in her?

Good job! And nice sheds!

I do not think it is unethical, good round and with good placement (doesnt have to be perfect) it obviously did the job.

Dont need to bash someones "Woohoo I got an elk" post.

• Like 1

Whitey

Added pics

Whitey

Also looks like there might be a few holes in her?

Ya i've seen a few holes in elk with big calibers too! That has nothin to do with it.