Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

my sons 1st buck

after a NASTY night of wind / rain / sleet / and who knows what else we got up a litle late as it was pouring rain..... kind of draggin our feet as i was hopeing the rain would stop and it would get a little lighter as the clouds had the sun blocked and it wasnt getting light very fast. anyway we headed out to our spot the usally always had deer, wondering if it would be a great morning beacuse they had held up all night, or a terrible morning becasue they would still be brushed up....... we got to were we wanted to go and were hunitn along and at 6:40 opening morning we ran into 3 bucks together, i told him to take which ever one presented a good broad side shot and let'r'have it just as we had been practicing. i had hand loaded his 243 with barnes triple shock bullets. needless to say this buck stood still to long at about 65 yards and trace put the hammer down. the buck went about 30 yards and piled up, i asked were he had been aiming and he said right were you showed me too, and i said ok lets go take a look.... well when we got it gutted out we realised he had blown the heart right in two!!!! in the picture you can see the apex of the heart, and the base fo the heart and that is how they came out of the chest, two complete pieces.....

a nice 4x4 for his very first buck! ( way bigger then my first buck) with DARK, dark antlers from rubbing on burnt pines.... or other burnt brush, from the wallow fire....

one happy kid, ( i cant get the grin off his face ) and and even happier dad. what a way to end what started out as a nasty hunt ( at least weather wise :) )

post-2728-0-11420700-1350077087.jpg

post-2728-0-53809900-1350077101.jpg

post-2728-0-93845600-1350077111.jpg

post-2728-0-17469800-1350077126.jpg

post-2728-0-96471300-1350077137.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations to the both of you on a great buck! There just is no better feeling then watching your child take that first buck.

Congrats to your son on a great first buck.

Absolutely fantastic buck! I love the smile on your sons face, that's what it's all about!!!

Great job!! Nice buck I like the black marking on head looks like a bull tattoo . Lol