Sign in to follow this  
cflores

Daughters JR Elk Hunt 2012 !!!

Still recuperating from this hunt, so I will make it short reading. Headed out a couple days early for my daughters 6A youth cow hunt, and did not see much. Opening morning brought horrible weather, we hunted in the rain, snow and hail. She never got down and just pressed on. We saw more deer than anything else, and only two elk opening morning before shooting light. We walked, walked some more, and walked a lot more. Come Sunday, everyone in our camp decided to pack up mid day and head home so that our kids could make it to school on Monday morning. While packing up I suggested to my daughter that we hunt the rest of the afternoon, and I promised that I would have her home for school on Monday.

Before I go any further with this short story I want to say a huge THANK YOU to: my buddy’s Art G., Tom M., and of course my Compa JP Vicente of BIG CHINO Guide servicefor his words of motivation, and our new friends Mike J., Vince and Mark, without them it would not have been possible. And,most important Thank You JESUS for always protecting and providing for my family always !!! Amen.

So, we headed back out and this is what happened !!!

post-3214-0-78026300-1350481385_thumb.jpg

post-3214-0-54879600-1350481441_thumb.jpg

That is just awesome! Congrats to you and your daughter! I know it has been a bit tough in that unit for the Jr. hunters so I am happy that she tagged out...sounds like you have a great huntin' buddy!

• Like 1

AZSLIM, you are right. Next year with my son too !!!

• Like 1

That is fantastic!!! A big congrats to your daughter and to you!

• Like 1

Way to go Carlos! So glad for you and her! A nice buck last year, and a great cow elk this year. She is a trooper!! ;)

My kids and I were up on the Kiabab Jr. doe hunt this past weekend. We went 5 for 5 with the kids in camp and had a great time. Will be posting a story/pics soon!

S.

:)

• Like 1

Last minute, last day......smiles for everone......priceless! Congrats to your daughter and the crew! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Looks like a great time by that smile. Congrats all around

• Like 1

Thanks everyone !!! :)

Congratulations to your daughter and the pictures says it all. :)

TJ

• Like 1

BONECOLLECTER, she did make it to school. She was really tired, but had a smile on her face.

Great job! the smile says it all.Never could get my daughter to buy into hunting. Your lucky.

• Like 1