OK, I'm not a morning person, so when it comes to hunting season I pretty much roll out bed as late as I possibly can. So usually this means that breakfast usually isn't an option. But, I realize that I need to eat so what do you do for breakfast? I'm just curious since most "quick" breakfast options (cereal bars, etc.) are usually carbs and I'm hungry within an hour after eating them.

Just trying to get more out of myself to make my hunt more enjoyable.

Thanks

Instant oat meal. First thing when you roll out of bed start heating some water and when your finished getting dressed the water is plenty hot add it to the oat meal and your ready to go.

Ditto on the oatmeal! I like the little variety packs of instant oatmeal! Mix different ones together each morning to change it up a little, good stuff! Keeps ya regular too :) JIM> Oh yeah.......you gotta top it off with choco-milk ;)

weekly_sub14.jpg

Elk jerky as cereal but instead of Milk I use Tabasco. I understand this may be a little too manly and savage for some of your palletes but when I am hunting I am 50% sasquatch and 50% John Wayne, basically 110% all animal killer ;) .

Bret M.

Whole grain bagel and a bannana are pretty quick. I just eat bagels plain or you can put cream cheese on them if you want. I get hungry real quick after instant oatmeal, but the bagel works better for me. My husband likes the instant oatmeal better though. So just find what you like. The other thing that is different and quick is fresh fruit in yogurt. Take some blueberries and toss them in a thing of yogurt. Good and good for you! Great in the summer, it's what I have been eating alot of this summer doing field work. Or try jerky for quick and tasty protein, although I am not nearly as manly as Bret and his tabasco sauce jerky cereal!!!! :lol:

Or try a pemmican bar, those things have lasting energy. I eat them for bfast lots of times while hunting. Easy to pack and full of nutrition. It's not full of sugar and empty carbs like other breakfast bars. here is a link to REI that sells them. I think the fruit and nut one is the best. Pemmican bar

Amanda

stump whupped chitlins fer me. that, er maybe coati mundi cakes with a javelina musk bag chaser. Lark.

The instant oatmeal has been processed a lot and has lotsa sugar. Probably better to used the regular oatmeal and add the fruit and nuts. I never found the instant oatmeal to last long in the belly either. Whole grain bagels w/ cream cheese, OJ and a sweet Danish that my certain tooth demands is the standard for me.

Lark, Guessin' you're not wanting to apply for the camp cook position :lol:

RR

what is all this bagel and oatmeal stuff? don't nobody eat bacon and eggs and sausage and toast and pancakes and hash brown taters or biscuits and gravy or nothin' good? Lark.

That's what we do Lark, but I wasn't responding because he was asking for quick meal solutions. Every morning we get up early enough to cook up and eat a good breakfast, eggs, hash browns, sausage and OJ. Gotta start off the day right, even if it means getting up a little earlier. It's so much easier to get up early when it's for hunting.

Great Lark now i am hungry. I better go get the skillit out for the feast. :D

Who Really eats breakfast in the morning???? I always get little sleep at night while out in the woods. So once I wake up im always in a hurry, I feel like ill miss something if I dont get out there right away. Get coffee going, get dressed, smoke a few cigarettes (use to quit a year ago), big ole dip of copehagen, fire up the quad, rush to my glassing spot. Sit a realize sun dosent rise for another hour, :D. Maybe this year ill slow down take my time to eat. YEA RIGHT!!! :D

ya'll act like it's a big deal. i just kick the ol' lady outta bed, have her stoke the stove and cook and wake me up when it's done. when i leave she starts lunch and sharpens up her knives, to skin and butcher whatever i drag back. if she has time, she wanders to the nearest crick or lake and catches and cleans some trout fer dinner. oh, now i get it, you fellers gotta git yer own vittles..... man, you guys gotta lot to learn..... Lark.

ya'll act like it's a big deal. i just kick the ol' lady outta bed, have her stoke the stove and cook and wake me up when it's done. when i leave she starts lunch and sharpens up her knives, to skin and butcher whatever i drag back. if she has time, she wanders to the nearest crick or lake and catches and cleans some trout fer dinner. oh, now i get it, you fellers gotta git yer own vittles..... man, you guys gotta lot to learn..... Lark.

oh man now thats funny right there,, no thnks i like my manhood where it is. :D

I can't eat breakfast early no matter where or what I'm doing. If I do, it makes me sick for the rest of the day. So I will pack my backpack up with three or four apples, some trail mix, and other useless snacks, as well as a sandwich or something for lunch. It's not good, I know, but it sure beats feeling like you are going to toss your cookies all day. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bullwidegon - I think that breakfast might actually cost me some glassing time looking for a bush to hide behind an hour later.

As far as the eggs/bacon, etc., we do that when we go fishing, and use to when I was younger. Now, though it really makes me sluggish (I think it is from the hardening of the arteries) for the entire morning. Plus, my wife would look me in the face and just laugh at me, besides she doesn't go with me on my hunts.