IHunt2live

One Day Hunt = My Personal Best

Had to work the weekend but come Monday morning I was up in the hills glassing for a buck. Wasn't looking for anything to special, but we can all dream right, but I told myself I wasn’t going to shoot anything but a “decent” buck. He was the only deer I saw that morning but that’s all I needed. I glassed him up at about 700 yards in his bed and went for a closer look, could tell he was a 3x3. Got set up at 400 yards, by that time he had stood up and feeding but thought I could get closer. Got to 300 yards, couldn't resist, and took the shot. I was by myself, no spotter, but I was pretty sure of the hit, heard that great WHOP sound. I got to where the buck was standing when I shot found some blood and a nice trail as he slid 50yards downhill, that hill was STEEP. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised with his size and he is now my personal best.

post-1770-0-15341100-1351716794_thumb.jpg

post-1770-0-63811900-1351716854_thumb.jpg

Great Deer!!!!! Next time please make it sound much tougher because I hunted for 3 days and didn't see a buck. <_<

Thanks for the kind coments. whish I had better pics but did the best I could being by myself, on a 45+ degree slope, sweat dripping off my face and hurring up to get him off the sunny slope.

I had scouted this hill before and had never gone up there and not seen a buck, mostly smaller ones, but don't think I had seen this one before. Here is how I found him.

post-1770-0-25038400-1351722590_thumb.jpg

Congrats man that's a nice one and just out of curiosity what kind of pack do you have?

Its the J34 Eberlestock. I've realy liked the pack, had it a couple years. This was the first real loaded packout. It was heavy but road VERY comfortably.