Sign in to follow this  
McGeehunter

WTB 9mm compact or subcompact.

Lookin for a compact 9mm. This is for a work buddy. His house has been broken into a couple times and they have tried more than that.We work night shifts half the month and his wife and little boy have been home alone when they have tried breaking in. As you can imagine he is worried sick about her and she is scared to death. Something that the wife and he can both use. I was thinking like the xd9 or one of the glocks. Thanks for looking

• Like 1

For the price, can't beat a keltec pf9. I picked mine up for 240. Have buddies that have cycled over 2000 rounds of crappy steel casing and haven't had one malfunction.

Remington 870 .....20 gauge...have her shoot some skeet loads and then stuff it full of 3 inch #4s. You can get a brand new one for three bills.

Better than a pistol in the dark.

Thanks guys. He had another breakin attempt last night while we were at work. So he stayed home tonight. As soon as i can get a hold of him i will give him the info from yall. Its a sad state of affairs in this world when you dont feel safe leavin to go try to support your family

I have several guns he wold be welcome to use untill he can buy one. Let me know.

Adam

Yeah I told him that after the first time but hes never owned a dog and is not much of an animal person. He has put up wrought iron on all his doors and windows, got motion detector lights and that hasnt deterred these scumbags. He is seriously thinkin about up and selling and movin somewhere else. Thats just sad that someone would have to even think about that. I live out in the sticks and my pregnant wifes home alone when im on nights. And I worry for her.But we also have 3 large dogs that would die protecting her and her .380 in her nighstand, my.40 in mine, a 12 gauge hidden and all are cocked locked and ready to rock. And she knows how to use them.Plus all my cousins that would be loaded for bear in a second that live nearby.

• Like 1

Yeah I told him that after the first time but hes never owned a dog and is not much of an animal person. He has put up wrought iron on all his doors and windows, got motion detector lights and that hasnt deterred these scumbags. He is seriously thinkin about up and selling and movin somewhere else. Thats just sad that someone would have to even think about that. I live out in the sticks and my pregnant wifes home alone when im on nights. And I worry for her.But we also have 3 large dogs that would die protecting her and her .380 in her nighstand, my.40 in mine, a 12 gauge hidden and all are cocked locked and ready to rock. And she knows how to use them.Plus all my cousins that would be loaded for bear in a second that live nearby.

Give your buddy one of your guns until he gets one of his own. Oh yeah and please advise him not to trust his or his wife's life behind a hi-point or any other 200$ handgun. If funds are short, get a pump action shotgun.

Yeah, His brother gave him some sort of cheap knock off 9mm and i told him the same thing. As soon as I hear back from him I will give him the great advice and info from everyone on here. Thanks again yall. What a great website with some dang good people

Remington 870 .....20 gauge...have her shoot some skeet loads and then stuff it full of 3 inch #4s. You can get a brand new one for three bills.

The sound of a pump action shotgun cycling a round is the best deterrent ever made. That and a big dog.

• Like 1

The sound of a pump action shotgun cycling a round is the best deterrent ever made. That and a big dog.

My thoughts exactly. Throw down a shotgun for her.