DesertBull

The world has gone crazy

Let's not let this tragedy turn us on ourselves. Whatever your thoughts are on politics, this is the time to keep them to yourself. 20 families lost children today. This is the time to put those families in our hearts and prayers. There will be plenty of opportunities to play armchair quaterback and discuss politics later.

Today, the focus MUST be on the families who probably had wrapped gifts under the Christmas tree, sent their toddlers off to school and found out those presents would never be opened, that they would never wake again in their home with their child still in it.

Please, please don't turn this horrible event into a chance to jump on a soap box.

Take the time to look at your own family, hold them close, tell them how much you love them, and then open your heart to the families who's children will never come home. If you are inclined to pray, pray for those families.

• Like 7

Let's not let this tragedy turn us on ourselves. Whatever your thoughts are on politics, this is the time to keep them to yourself. 20 families lost children today. This is the time to put those families in our hearts and prayers. There will be plenty of opportunities to play armchair quaterback and discuss politics later.

Today, the focus MUST be on the families who probably had wrapped gifts under the Christmas tree, sent their toddlers off to school and found out those presents would never be opened, that they would never wake again in their home with their child still in it.

Please, please don't turn this horrible event into a chance to jump on a soap box.

Take the time to look at your own family, hold them close, tell them how much you love them, and then open your heart to the families who's children will never come home. If you are inclined to pray, pray for those families.

Very well said, I could not gather myself to say what you did....

Very well said, I could not gather myself to say what you did....

+1

I have been lost for words since I heard of this terrible tragedy. Well said my friend. Thoughts and prayers please.

TJ

Wow Marshall, that was some column you wrote. My heart goes out to those envoled and I can relate to what you are saying. My heart goes out to each and everyone envoled with this tragedy. I am sick to my somach to think how the parents are taking this. I just pray that God helps them thru all of this.

TJ

I don't think we can use the Chinese rampage as an equivalent because none of those kids died... This was an interesting piece from Joe. S. on fox this am.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc-morning_joe/#50222624

One thing that we really need to consider and take to heart is that when we fully support the 2nd Amendment we better be prepared for acts such as these. The is NO Defending this... We shouldn't be saying, "If the teachers were armed.... " or anything like that... THERE ARE NO WINNERS in this debate. This is where we are and we need to think about the ramifications of what we support. I work in the Mental Health field and there is no denying that some people shouldn't have guns and we need to figure out a way of keeping them out of the hands of that shouldn't have them.

I work in the Mental Health field and there is no denying that some people shouldn't have guns and we need to figure out a way of keeping them out of the hands of that shouldn't have them.

I agree with this. But it wont be quick or easy. Mental health in this country needs a hard look at as well, maybe thats where it all needs to start. I dont know. These shootings just highlight quite a few serious issues going on in the country. Socially we are decaying and as a result bad things are happening. As a christian, I lean towards a lack of God in our society. Our moral compass is way off track and we are suffering the consequences because of it. Its really sad what things have become.

Here is a question for the group..... Would you be willing to go thru a licensing process like getting a drivers license? Something that proves basic safety and mental competency... and like drivers license something that needs to be renewed? I haven't fleshed out ALL the angle but I am pretty sure I wouldn't mind doing something like that if it will allow me to keep just about any firearm i want...

J

Here is a question for the group..... Would you be willing to go thru a licensing process like getting a drivers license? Something that proves basic safety and mental competency... and like drivers license something that needs to be renewed? I haven't fleshed out ALL the angle but I am pretty sure I wouldn't mind doing something like that if it will allow me to keep just about any firearm i want...

J

It would be a matter of getting it approved by narrow minded politicians.

You can ban every thing from nail clippers to RPG's but it won't make you or I even .001% safer.

• Like 3