Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

30 - tAR15's @ Sportmans Warehouse Mesa

They told me tonight that there will be a drawing tomorrow morning for 30 lucky people to buy the AR's they received. They said show up at 8:45 to get a ticket. This is what I was told tonight by an employee at the gun counter and he was telling numerous other people.

I was in the Phoenix location this evening and overheard the lady at customer service say something similar. I did not catch the time or how many they received, but would be worth a call if you live closer and are in the market.

Anyone go to Sportsmans this morning? I bet it was a mad house!

I'd be interested to find out what it was like down there this morning. If you were there please post an update. Also, what were the ARs going for?

There was a long line at the gun counter at the Phx. SW this morning. Probably 50 people in line maybe more. Not sure what price was.

Guest akaspecials

It was well run at Sportsmen's Warehouse in Mesa this morning. They handed out raffle tickets to everyone there before 9 am. Then they drew one ticket at a time and recorded the order they were drawn. First drawn got first choice at the selection, second drawn got second choice, and so on. Prices appeared to be msrp. They could have really put it to us for prices but they didn't. They were very fair. There were 30 or 40 ARs and a few mini 14s. There were maybe 60 or 70 people with raffle tickets for the drawing.

The only grumbling I heard was that it should have been first come, first serve, but I think it was pretty fair how it was done so everyone had a chance at the guns without having to camp out at the store. It also took them a while to process everyone that had a raffle ticket, but that's to be expected with all the background checks and limited number of employees. Also, there was a lot of confusion as to how the drawing was going to happen. That was cleared up at 8:30 when one of the employees came out and explained how the drawing would work.

Overall, I think Sportsmen did a great job in pricing and how they sold the firearms. I will continue to shop at Sportsmen's Warehouse and recommend them to people over any other outdoors shop in town. (Disclaimer: I was one of the lucky ones that got drawn, so I'm pretty darn happy! )

Guest akaspecials

Bushy xm-10. 1300 out the door. They had a very large variety. Some Franklin Armory, DPMS, Remingtons, Bushmasters. I'm sure I missed a few because I was only looking at .308s. But they had a little of everything.

Who has ammo and mags. Seems they were the first to go.

Midway has Pmags you can back order. But they limit 2 per order. Prices are normal.

My Bro is at Las Vegas gun show and said inventory this morning was plentiful. Lots of ammo, normal prices. Pmags were $50 each. I know that doesn't help you here. Get the mags. I think ammo inventory will come back.

I have an order in for 4 AR lowers through a good freind. PMags at $50 each is close to 4x what they normally go for. It's kind of funny how right now in the wake of tragedy, anyone who ever even considered buying an AR ro AK platform, rushed out and bought EVERYTHING available.

The ammo prices will fall, as will the lower parts kits. It's the currently registered lowers and hi-cap mags that willl keep bringing in huge $$.

I wish I would have bought $10,000 worth of Pmags at $12 each. I could sell them all day at $70 each.