azhornhunter

best bino harness

Looking for a good bino harness for 10x42s.

I have looked at the S4 harnesses i like the concept. I have always used crooked horn. Just want something new.

Thanks

for AzHH

I really like the Badlands Bino case. I have had to make some adaptations to mine, but it's a good system. PM me if you want more details. I've got mine now where I don't need the harness they provide, and it clips onto my Cabela's hybrid pack. With that combo, along with a RangeSnap, I've got my binos, range finder and fanny (including tripod and stool) all in one tight system.

I use a bino carrier from Rancho Safari. They are handmade in the USA. I like mine because its big enough to keep my 10s and a rangefinder in.

The design is such that both items are loose (not strapped) and I can get to either on quickly. Theres also a small pocket that I can slip my phone into.

I have the S4 and it works great. Easy on easy off and allows for fast easy access to your binos all while protecting the glass. Also does not pull on your shoulders or neck while using them or interfere with shooting bow or rifle. See picture standing on right with 12x50 Leupolds in it.

S4_zpsed3d0574.jpg

Thanks for the info. Coach you have a nice set up it sounds like. I want a harness that is small and keeps tight to the body. Mainly for horn hunting so no need fir rangefinder. It is hard to make a decision with out trying them. I live so far away from any outdoor store

Nimrod. Doesn't bounce. Easy detach. Provides slight resistance to hold still while glassing freehand. Great product.

Nimrod. Doesn't bounce. Easy detach. Provides slight resistance to hold still while glassing freehand. Great product.

+1

The S4 Gear Lock Down binocular harness is the best equipment investment I made last year. Although it is a tight fit I use mine primarily to carry 15x56's. It is comfortable and I really prefer the S4 to several other brand name binoc carriers/harnesses I purchased in the past. The binocular weight is well distributed across your back and the wide harness straps don't dig into your shoulders. Don't buy the early model. The X2 is much improved and S4 solved the problem of the harness riding up the back of your neck that plagued the first design. My only complaint is the flat elastic straps tend to slip once they are adjusted. After 2 trips I adjusted them to fit my torso and my wife sewed each pair of straps together near the adjuster loop on each side. That ended the adjustment creep.

I've got a Nimrod that I like. Also have a Horn Hunter that I really like. Better protection for the Binos. Don't pull at your neck at all when you lift them up to glass. Really great system at a reasonable price. Has a place for Range Finder too.

I've got a Nimrod that I like. Also have a Horn Hunter that I really like. Better protection for the Binos. Don't pull at your neck at all when you lift them up to glass. Really great system at a reasonable price. Has a place for Range Finder too.

do you shoot a bow with these??

I bought it but took it back, seems kinda bulky.

I ended up with the s4 . I don't like it either... comfortable but kinda pain if you take out your binos alot while hiking. caps off caps on.. UHHHGGGG!

The horn hunter, is that the bino hub? I like the design... I should have shot my bow with them. I like that they are super sturdy for extra protection.

and the range finder holder is super cool. The S4 has open side and knowing me I'll be crawling through the grass weeds sticker bush and whatever else to try and get a sneak on....

James

do you shoot a bow with these??

I bought it but took it back, seems kinda bulky.

I ended up with the s4 . I don't like it either... comfortable but kinda pain if you take out your binos alot while hiking. caps off caps on.. UHHHGGGG!

The horn hunter, is that the bino hub? I like the design... I should have shot my bow with them. I like that they are super sturdy for extra protection.

and the range finder holder is super cool. The S4 has open side and knowing me I'll be crawling through the grass weeds sticker bush and whatever else to try and get a sneak on....

James

Well ... I pretty much do everything wearing binos. The Horn Hunters have not gotten in my way yet. Certainly not as bulky as some of the systems out there.