Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Doves?

I went out this morning. Didn't get into huge numbers where I was hunting, but was able to eek out a limit of birds before getting to work for a 10:00AM meeting I had to attend (hunted until 8:30ish....). I'd rather be hunting quail or deer, but it's always a good feeling when the dove opener comes. Kind of kicks-off the hunting season.... ;)

Taking the kids out tomorrow morning for some more fun! :D

Good luck all.

S.

:)

yeah i limited at about 9:30 surprised i only got one whitewing though. Our 1st spot was horrible absolutely no birds flying by us...but all around us so we moved to another spot and i couldve had 3 limits....it was a good day...plan on going again in the morning

Did anybody get out north of the carefree highway towards Lake Pleasant? Were they flying very well? I know they have been doing construction, but I haven't had a chance to get out and scout. David

I walked around from about sun up to about 8:45 or so, then headed back to the truck to watch some "Full Metal Jacket" I then started seeing birds. I think the best part of the day was my last bird, it was flying directly towards me so I waited until the absolute second to stand up. I was using a little 18" barrel "riot gun" shooting some very high base reloads. I knocked the bird down, but had to duck down to try to avoid getting smacked in the head; but it still hit me square in the back then rolled under my chair I was sitting in. Dang kamikaze birds. :lol:

I hit one with my truck today going to work...does that count :P

I live in gilbert. there use to be alot of spots in the east valley to hunt close. Does anyone know of some close spots in gilbert that are in the county where its legal or even queen creek. thanks wanted to take my boy out before work. Josh

A week ago there were doves everywere, and now there aint.....To make a long story short I didn't get a single bird yesterday :( Me and my boys are going to try out by Corona/Vail in the morning, has anybody been out there lately, if so were there any dove? Terry

Had a great hunt down here in Yuma. I had my limit by 6:15 opening morning. It took me a box and a half to get it but I got it. I found a field that still had a lot of left over seed from the previous crop and they were fogging into it. Plan on going back on Monday.

Terry have tryed any of the ponds on the west side of sonoita hwy? there's tons of dove flying around those houses where i deliver and i know theres a couple of ponds behind there on public land.

Terry have tryed any of the ponds on the west side of sonoita hwy? there's tons of dove flying around those houses where i deliver and i know theres a couple of ponds behind there on public land.

Those ponds to the west of the hwy is one of the spots we are going to try. Hopefully there will be some kind of dove action going on :P

I've gone out to a tank in 36a for the last three days. First day by myself, the last two days with another hunter. We limited out each day. First day by 9am, the second day by 8:30, and today by 10. If anyone is going out that way sent me a pm. I can tell you a few places to try.

Lee