Sign in to follow this  
NM_Shedder

5 Years of Shed Hunting... First Elk Set

Finally found my first elk set. My dad found the right side last week and I found the left side yesterday. My side is bigger!

post-10573-0-97760700-1364664576_thumb.jpg

post-10573-0-30377300-1364664582_thumb.jpg

Thanks. It was a long day and a horrible trip down the mountain. We found 3 others yesterday too. 1 other fresh and 2 old.

Nice that's awesome I have been shed hunting since I was in high school and finay found a elk set last year I've found a couple deer sets but last year was my first elk set thanks for sharing I hope you will be able to post more pictures of great finds !

Congratulations! I suppose not that you broke the proverbial ice, and sheds will nearly find you! A shed or two every five years seems realistic to me who does not live in elk-land. Everyone who posts the "look at the 12 sheds I found this weekend" keeps my jaw dropped. I need to move to elk-land!

Congratulations on completing your first elk set. I finally found my first brown elk shed on Friday so I'm halfway there. Them are all great finds especially your avatar buck. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

TJ

Thanks. My avatar buck was harvested last year by me. I was pumped that day. I was so excited my smile was lopsided.

Ya. Not gonna give specifics though.