Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

First trip out and came back with 9 antlers!

i cant remember the last time i saw manzanita in 3C oh and all the bulls i have seen are all shed as well your not the only one seldom drawn im just saying be truthful to where you found them or dont post pics to make yourself look like a bad a.

• Like 1

i cant remember the last time i saw manzanita in 3C oh and all the bulls i have seen are all shed as well your not the only one seldom drawn im just saying be truthful to where you found them or dont post pics to make yourself look like a bad a.

There is a ton if manzanita in 3c especially since the burn.

Anyone else find this story to be suspicious? 9 Horns in 3 hours, "walked himself to death" in only 3 hours, and a quad with brush stuck up under it. How exactly does that happen anyway, if you are driving where you are supposed to?

Shedfinder19 where did you come up with that name?? It's apparent your not finding to many sheds!! It's also apparent that you have no clue what terrain 3c contains! If you are ever in the area ill be more than happy to show you around . heck I well even give you some pointers so in the future you can put a few pix on this awesome web site ! I just hope you get more praise for your hard work than you gave the bc777

Anyone else find this story to be suspicious? 9 Horns in 3 hours, "walked himself to death" in only 3 hours, and a quad with brush stuck up under it. How exactly does that happen anyway, if you are driving where you are supposed to?

Apparently shedfinder hasn't been anywhere near 3C the past 5 years since he doesn't see manzanita there. Everywhere you walk there is manzanita! But as I said before you can't be lazy and hope to get out and find antlers.

Dobbs, before you say anything else to look like an idiot you can see that small pine branch is covering my license plate from the picture being taken. You can even see on the left side of the quad and towards the front where the dirt is raised up which is the edge of the road I was parked on. Wanna know how you find 9 antlers in 3 hours? You get out there and hit the nastiest country you can find where the elk are and you find antlers. Walking nonstop for 3 hours up and down steep ridges is how you walk yourself to death. Not walking the easy trails that everyone else has already hit. But I understand coming from people like you and shedhunter you wouldn't understand since you have never done it. Give a call to my bishop at church and ask if I was in church Sunday at 1:00 in Heber and see what he says. I'm good but not that good to make a quick trip to NE New Mexico and back to Heber in 6 hours just to find 9 antlers.

Dobbs, before you say anything else to look like an idiot you can see that small pine branch is covering my license plate from the picture being taken. You can even see on the left side of the quad and towards the front where the dirt is raised up which is the edge of the road I was parked on. Wanna know how you find 9 antlers in 3 hours? You get out there and hit the nastiest country you can find where the elk are and you find antlers. Walking nonstop for 3 hours up and down steep ridges is how you walk yourself to death. Not walking the easy trails that everyone else has already hit. But I understand coming from people like you and shedhunter you wouldn't understand since you have never done it. Give a call to my bishop at church and ask if I was in church Sunday at 1:00 in Heber and see what he says. I'm good but not that good to make a quick trip to NE New Mexico and back to Heber in 6 hours just to find 9 antlers.

So here's the deal. You could be totally legit, I don't know, the other people posting in this thread don't know, and heck I bet your bishop in Heber doesn't even know. My whole thing is from my angle your story sounds fishy. You said you found 9 sheds in 3 hours, and walked yourself to death, and your quad looks like its been been off road with brush under it. You coulda made things alot easier on yourself by not posting pictures of all your horns laying on your quad. Would it really have been that hard to take a picture with your pack off the quad against a tree or on the ground? Then you wouldn't have had to go through the trouble of covering the license plate. Just saying. And in regards to hiking nasty ridges up and down for 3 hours really isn't all that hard, and I think most seasoned shed hunters would attest to that. Walking all day long with a couple breaks for water and a snack, is not unheard of, and putting 10-15 miles/day isn't all that uncommon either. For the record I've gone shed hunting a time or two, and I've found a horn or two, but to be perfectly honest, i don't want to post pics on here as there is enough competition out there for sheds, and I don't want to inspire any other people to head out and possibly find my spots, if that makes me paranoid or selfish than so be it. But the one thing i can't stand is lazy quad hunters, and every year Im coming across quad tracks miles from any road, and it makes me sick. So like i said earlier, you are the only one who knows if you did it the legit way, or if you are a cheater. If you really walked up those 9 horns, then congrats and my apologies, as that is one heck of an afternoon. That would be a pretty solid weekend, let alone a day for most people.

Dobbs seems to know how to set up a pic so it looks legit:P

Good three hours in the hills, if you hit the right area I could totally see you finding that many! Just send me the coordinates and I will try to find some sheds to match

yours for proof!

• Like 1

Wow so when I use to hit the neadows just right in unit 1 and find 10 to 15 sheds a morning I was some how cheating because I found them to fast. When you hit the right country it not uncommon to find a bunch of sheds in a hurry. I know i have sure wiped my butt out on a 3 hour shed hunt before in some of the country you hit.

• Like 1