bonecollector777

Any other lucky 23N Early Archery Bull tag Holders here?

Yeah no joke MDA33. shedhunteraz is trying to flare up a fight about a comment BC777 said back in April I think someone needs to eat there own words about growing up

I'm not trying to start a good ole fashioned Internet fight or anything but yeah, folks really need to lighten up. I usually just read the content (several times a day on this site!!) but I'll post once in awhile. It's almost become so bad that a guy can't make a comment haha even with the famous "IMHO" in front of it with out some one getting pissy about it. Calm down people, if we were at camp we'd pry all argue then hug at the end and wake up and hunt. One mans opinion isn't worth throwing a fit over... Usually.

• Like 1

. What size bulls have come out of there in the past few years?

It's one of the better units for big bulls. But, like any unit, you will have to work hard and be patient to find the big bruisers.

Some guy on one of the forums, it may have been this one, drew the early rifle tag in there last year. It was his first elk hunt and he went it alone. He obviously didn't know what he had because he shot a 250-260ish six by six on opening day. He was thrilled to death, and any bull is a trophy, but the unit has a lot more potential than that.

I think it's kind of sad when random people that don't know what's going on and put in and get drawn for tags like 23N, 9, 27, 10, 1.They don't know what they have and kill a bull that they could have killed in any unit in the state. I know he was happy to kill it and some of you say that's all that matters is getting one but seriously? Go put in for a late tag or something if you want 250" bulls.

Really? That's an unfair statement if I ever heard one.

TJ

Yeah no joke MDA33. shedhunteraz is trying to flare up a fight about a comment BC777 said back in April I think someone needs to eat there own words about growing up

Is April when you became a member lol, just kidding cause everyone here has the right to their opinion. I believe if you met shedhunteraz you'd learn that he/she is all about the good in being a sportsman. If trying to get the kid to see his side of the story and understand that hunting is a right of passage for everyone to enjoy. Enjoyment does not come at the hands of a 400in bull, more like recognition or bragging rights. I am all for big bull hunting, but not at the expense of other hunter's experiences and whether or not I can talk down about those experiences. Now if you want to rant, the forum is open lol

everyone has the right to hunt anywhere. kill a spike if you want. its your right inless there taking that away from us to. mellow out

• Like 1

popular heck, how about the hunt of a life time there some monsters if you no where to hunt. contact the az ground ponders.tell them wildwoody sent you . i did ok got 5b south early bull not as good but i'll take it goodluck to all of you

we had 2 late good snow storms in 5 bs there might not be as many big bulls in 5bs as 23 but you can still find a bull as big as there is in 23

if you put in the time!antler growth in 5bs and lower 6a is awesome right now.many water holes that don't hold much water are very full.you should be able to kill a toad this year.

Seldom Drawn

• Like 1

I think its great when other people shoot whatever bull they see on these awesome hunts like 23 north archery or early rifle. I would rather have the other people that drew the tag shoot the first 280 bull they see so they are on their way home and out of the unit very quickly. Every time we see another 300 incher heading out in a pickup, well that's one less dude we have to worry about messing with the big bulls we are hunting. It's a win win deal for the 280 dude because he's happy to have a nice bull down with lots of venison , and we are happy to see him rolling home thus helping our own quest for a big bull. What you don't want is the opposite where everyone is after a big bull that has the same tag, and everyone competes with each other the entire hunt for just a few big bulls. I hope there is a line of trucks heading out to go home on the second morning with a 280-300 incher in every truck. Good luck to the 23 guys this year, and may everyone but us shoot a beautiful 300 incher opening day.

gotm a couple 350 plus bulls in 5b south spoted but my biggest bull is 295 on a late 22 archery hunt so 340 or bigger i would be blessed can't wait till sept 13th

• Like 1

Haha you guys crack me up. Do you not realize that just as you have your opinion that someone can shoot whatever they want I have just as much of a right to an opinion that people that are non-trophy hunters shouldn't put in for premium tags? The best part is how riled up you guys get that I said it like it's some horrible thing to think that way. Find something better to complain about.

Haha you guys crack me up. Do you not realize that just as you have your opinion that someone can shoot whatever they want I have just as much of a right to an opinion that people that are non-trophy hunters shouldn't put in for premium tags? The best part is how riled up you guys get that I said it like it's some horrible thing to think that way. Find something better to complain about.

You claim you have a right to your opinion, yet want to take away the rights of others to choose when and how they hunt...

Classic

• Like 2

I want to take away their rights? Where the H did you pull that one out of? Did I mention something about banning people from killing small animals or sending them to jail for not trophy hunting? Where do you guys come of with this stuff?

gotm a couple 350 plus bulls in 5b south spoted but my biggest bull is 295 on a late 22 archery hunt so 340 or bigger i would be blessed can't wait till sept 13th

Dude killing a 295 bull on a late hunt is equal to killing a 350 bull on an early hunt in my eyes. Props to you!

• Like 1

Forgive all of those of us that enjoy a positive hunting environment and experience, as we have now spent far too long trying to educate a young man on sportsmanship. Any negative remarks made about a hunting experience goes against what this site and it's member's stand for....sportsmanship and the love of the outdoors. My advice to all who read this, Make positive remarks and you will get positive in return. Negative opinions should be kept to the poor guy thinking them. Many Blessings, Ken Meyers

Dude killing a 295 bull on a late hunt is equal to killing a 350 bull on an early hunt in my eyes. Props to you!

Seriously!!!! They are almost always broken up at that time of year. Congrats