muddy

Hand called Coyote

A few greeting howls followed up by cottontail distress 10 minutes later brought this big female in. About a 160 yard shot as she was trotting and the 22/250 ate her up. Rubbed really bad on the back and her canine teeth were both cracked, one was busted half off. Good to get her out of the area. This is the first coyote I've called up using hand/mouth calls rather than electronically, really really cool.

2013-03-21074210_zpsfa3de14e.jpg

2013-03-21074820_zps4d020a0d.jpg

2013-03-21075645_zpsd25839e7.jpg

Congrats.Glad to see someone still useing mouth calls.

Congrats. It is a bit more of a challenge using a hand call as they focus in on the sound and you are much more likely to get busted and you have to time it more as to when you stop calling and bring the rifle up to shoot in a second or too.

It also takes a good set of lungs to call for 15 or 20 minutes.

Congrats. It is a bit more of a challenge using a hand call as they focus in on the sound and you are much more likely to get busted and you have to time it more as to when you stop calling and bring the rifle up to shoot in a second or too.

It also takes a good set of lungs to call for 15 or 20 minutes.

I played in the band from 5th grade thru college, it's all about using your diaphragm!!! That and calling until you see black and white dancing spots.

I have had much better luck in the past couple of years with hand calls over the over played e calls. I still use both, but I start every stand with a hand call for 5-7 min. After that fox pro for another 10 or so. Much more rewarding to me with a hand call. Good for you and keep at it

That's a big coyote for sure. Good job and congratulations with the mouth call. :)

TJ