Senators Flake and McCain both voted to end the filibuster on the Gun Control bill. Now Harry Reid says the AWB is back on.

Traitors.

Here is Flake's email

I have already flamed him.

Senator@flake.senate.gov

I am trying to email him but this email address is not correct?

he probably disabled it. It worked for me. Try the contact link in my other post.

Watched video this morning of 2 black guys robbing a store at gun point. My first thought was, "are these new proposals going to stop these guys from getting a gun? Second thought, I wonder if they even bought that gun?" Hey, what do I know.

Watched video this morning of 2 black guys robbing a store at gun point. My first thought was, "are these new proposals going to stop these guys from getting a gun? Second thought, I wonder if they even bought that gun?" Hey, what do I know.

Well, it does not really matter if they are black, white, brown or polka dotted.

I kept getting a failed email dlivery at that address. I would use the link, but I refuse to give them the information required to fill out the form

they already have it. They probably know what you had for breakfast.

Well, it does not really matter if they are black, white, brown or polka dotted.

Not sure what you meant? In that video they were black. Don't care what "color" people are. That wasn't my point.

"In this role, Jeff worked to promote a conservative philosophy of less government, more freedom, and individual responsibility."

Ha this is directly from Flakes webpage.

"In this role, Jeff worked to promote a conservative philosophy of less government, more freedom, and individual responsibility."

Wow! Unbelievable! Since when has our current government promoted individual responsibility??

I really have no problem with background checks as long as they are not keeping the records after the purchase is complete.

I agree with this point. Keeping the information and the use of the information in the future could be a concern.

Question for anyone here; It's been a while since I've purchased a new gun. Do they still have you fill-out the same yellow form that has been there for decades? I know it's not background check related, but it sure does have critical information (name, address, serial number of firearm, etc.). What is everyone's opinion of the 'yellow form'?

S.

If you are buying from a licensed dealer you will be required to fill out a 4473. It stays with the dealer and he also records the sale infor, buyers name, serial # etc into a "Bound Book". The book and 4473 stay with the dealer until he is no longer a dealer at which time he turns it all into BATF. So pretend a firearm is used in a crime and recovered. Law Enforcement goes back to the manufacturer with the Ser#. They tell him which wholesaler they sent it to who in turn tells them what retailer/FFL Holder bought it and by him looking up his in log book and 4473 he gives them the name of the buyer. If the buyer sold it and didn't keep a record od who he sold it too (not currently required in AZ) the paper trail ends.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Thanks much! That is a great comprehensive description of how the current system works! Interesting nuance regarding the government actually holding/storing the information vs. the retailer/FFL keeping the information.

S.

• Like 1

Guys,

Give up on the e-mails. They are the least read of all 3 forms of contact to elected officials. Written letters are best, but we're in a time crunch so use the dang phone.

Flake: 202-224-4521

McCain: 202-224-2235

Leave the rage out, have your bullet points ready, and try and be tactful.

I really have no problem with background checks as long as they are not keeping the records after the purchase is complete.

I agree with this point. Keeping the information and the use of the information in the future could be a concern.

Question for anyone here; It's been a while since I've purchased a new gun. Do they still have you fill-out the same yellow form that has been there for decades? I know it's not background check related, but it sure does have critical information (name, address, serial number of firearm, etc.). What is everyone's opinion of the 'yellow form'?

S.

If you are buying from a licensed dealer you will be required to fill out a 4473. It stays with the dealer and he also records the sale infor, buyers name, serial # etc into a "Bound Book". The book and 4473 stay with the dealer until he is no longer a dealer at which time he turns it all into BATF. So pretend a firearm is used in a crime and recovered. Law Enforcement goes back to the manufacturer with the Ser#. They tell him which wholesaler they sent it to who in turn tells them what retailer/FFL Holder bought it and by him looking up his in log book and 4473 he gives them the name of the buyer. If the buyer sold it and didn't keep a record od who he sold it too (not currently required in AZ) the paper trail ends.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Thanks much! That is a great comprehensive description of how the current system works! Interesting nuance regarding the government actually holding/storing the information vs. the retailer/FFL keeping the information.

S.

The Retailer/FFL Holder keeps the information indefinitely and only turns it over when they go out of business.

Depending on how you feel about the requirement for background checks between private parties, the "compromise" bill put together for discussion in the US Senate next week will limit the ability to buy and sell firearms thru CWT and other forums, etc. The bill says in part that any sale that results from any posting online or in a publication will be subject to a background check. Here is the exact language. Pay close attention to (B).

"it shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed dealer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed importer to complete the transfer of a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, if such transfer occurs-
"(A) at a gun show or event, on the curtilage thereof; or
"(B) pursuant to an advertisement, posting, display or other listing on the Internet or in a publication by the transferor of his intent to transfer, or the transferee of his intent to acquire, the firearm."

Here is the link.

http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=968

Basically it means that if you want to sell a firearm, you have no way to advertise that fact unless you want to have an FFL do a background check on the buyer with the attendent form and record kept with the dealer until he goes out of business at which time the records are sent to the ATF. Youj also can not put out a "want" (intend to acquire).

Of course they have no way of knowing if it was sold word of mouth so if it does pass I think most people will just go through an FFL holder as a CYA.

And likewise they could have just come out and said any transfer of ownership must have a background check and go through an FFL holder.

I said it when he was running, I say it now, and I'll say it in the years to come ... FLAKE IS A SLIMEBALL. The only reason I voted for him was to keep Carmona from winning and giving the Dems one more seat ... but he's not much better than that.