briant_az

Custom build. What caliber would you go with?

Here's a picture of the custom 338 lapua build I just had finished. Makes my buddy look small holding it. Love this caliber for the long range shots. It would definitely be a hard one to beat.

post-9475-0-23695400-1366848247_thumb.jpg

post-9475-0-02011400-1366848287_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CWpredator- wow that thing is awesome. Way outta my price range! The more and more I look into building this rifle the more expensive it becomes. I knew it was going to be in the first place but its still more than I realized. I should of just bought a barrel for my 280 and turned that gun into an AI.

CWpredator- wow that thing is awesome. Way outta my price range! The more and more I look into building this rifle the more expensive it becomes. I knew it was going to be in the first place but its still more than I realized. I should of just bought a barrel for my 280 and turned that gun into an AI.

I was all excited because I found a rem sa action for $300. That was the beginning of a couple grand being spent. I can't even imagine a .338 lapua build! Nice work though!

Nice build. Did you use badger rings?Let us know how it shoots.

I used Seekins precision high rings.

What finish did you use on your barrel?

Nice build. Did you use badger rings?Let us know how it shoots.

I used Seekins precision high rings.
What finish did you use on your barrel?
the barrel is black cerakote and all the all the stainless parts were bead blasted for the mat-stainless finish.

IMG_1202_zps241ca370.jpg

Yep I shoot a Gre-Tan custom 6.5-06....it is a heck of a rifle. The elk that the rifle is sitting on was shot at almost 800 yards, and dropped.

Well I am getting closer to building my first gun. I got my timney trigger and I ordered my barrel and stock today. Scope is ordered also.

For the scope I got the vortex razor, I really wanted something with a zero stop and this seems like a great choice. I have owned a viper in the past and thought it was a good scope so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I can't belive I am going to but I think I am going to build a 280 AI. I already have a ton of bullets and brass so I might as well go with what I have instead of buying even more stuff. I ordered a Brux barrel today, #5 contour fluted ss 26" finish. I also ordered a B&C Alaskan stock. It's coming together but I still have a long way to go. Hopefully I will get this thing done in time for deer season!

I ordered rings too but I am afraid I might have order them too high. I got the vortex razor highs and I am wondering if that was a bad idea. Anyone have any input on this??