Sign in to follow this  
jcarter

Have the WT in southern units droped yet?

Seems to be about 50 50 right now. We have picked up two brown antlers already just in poking around a bit. One off about a 65 inch buck another off about a 95 inch buck. However we have still been seeing bucks sporting head gear so...

What Becker said. I picked up a fresh brown on a boarder unit on April 10th. but still seeing some bucks with antlers on still.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about the southern units but I am curious to know if the southern deer will drop earlier than the northern deer or is there no difference? We seen 5 coues bucks carrying last weekend in the north country but 1 had dropped one side so far. Also seen one muley carrying 1 side.

Usually it seems that the northern deer drop a little sooner than the southern deer. Just my thoughts but the rut seems to be a little earlier as you move north thusly the antlers fall off a little sooner. But nothing is set in stone. My friend saw some muleys down by Arivaca still packing and another buddy got motion cam pics of a muley buck That had dropped. One thing for sure they are falling off but each deer is on his own time frame!

• Like 1

As of right now around my parts, muleys have basically all dropped and whities have been dropping too! Have a trail cam picture of four white tails and all of them dropped both sides

As you know, a shedded boy looks like a girl from a bit away, but I continue to see the coues boys in 35a with full headgear as of yesterday. last evening I saw a spike, fork and might have been a decent 4x4 coues that have not dropped yet. All these were 4900-5300ft. It could be the higher boys have shed though, I have not been up high in a few weeks.