seek100plus

Zeiss 6.5 x 20 x50 MC

I GIVE UP! I threw it in the garbage, but I took it back out. I had issues with tracking back in September 2012 and sent it back to Zeiss. I've had it back twice and the third go round, they gave me a brand new one. I loaded up 30 new rounds of 210 Bergers and sighted in at 200 yards . I was left with 4.5 MOA left in my dial before maxed out. ( WTH) Before my Zeiss had tracking issues, I was shooting 168 Bergers and had 19 plus MOA left running 3050 FPS at muzzel . I understand the difference between 210 Bergers and 168 Bergers . Ballistic chart shows I will need 15.6 MOA to get 800 yards with 210 at 2850 FPS.

My 6.5x 20 is mounted on light weight Talley rings with no MOA base. I know Zeiss states you need to use a 20 MOA base to utilize the maximum elevation, but I didn't need a 20 MOA base with 168 to reach 1000 yards dialed in at 200 yards before the original scope had issue. I called Zeiss and Talley for help and guidance and nothing got worked out if the scope is still messed up. I really don't want to load up another 20 loads of 168 to find out my Max MOA and worst case , I go out and buy 20 MOA base and brand new rings to fit base. I have no clue what to buy and really don't want to spend more money to have fun shooting long range, but if I have to, I will!

Anybody have any idea whats wrong or have any advice to make this issue go away. Maybe this brand new scope is messed up ?

Rifle Model 70 Winchester LA 300 MAG

Sorry to hear that, my only advice is to make sure nothing is touching your barrel when shooting and your stock is properly tightened, but I am sure you know that....have you tried the scope on another riffle?

Something odd going on as the scope should have ~45" according to Zeiss. My chart showed just over 18 MOA required but it still shouldnt matter. This is the first really bad exeperince I have heard with Zeiss so I would go with Redman and check all your variables regarding mounting. It almost sounds like the scope is canted in the wrong direction or sighted in with the turret turned a few times from its nuetral position to get the zero elevation. Not trying to offend your skills but I cant think of much else that would cut your adjustment in half. Have you counted the adjustments from bottom to top to see if it is a mechanical issue, a pain but if it wont make all the rotations to begin with something is wrong.

Have a buddy look it over sometimes fresh eyes find things. I have found issues with a few friends set-ups even though they went through it a number of times also found things I did not notice initially on my own guns after cursing them.

If you figure it out post an update so the next guy will lose less hair due to the same dilemma.

good luck!

Its the scope, give you $100 for the pos

If you decide to sell I would be interested. Let me know!

I have a brand new winchester 30-30 with box ill give you for the scope. In fact I have a NIB 22lr model 94 as well. Your Choice! Sorry Ernesto! :P

• Like 1

Redman & Rcinaz thanks for the thoughts, I have messed with every possible way to turn my rings direction wise and mic them for heights, tork every screw to specs, just going to break down and buy a 20 MOA rail from EGW and put Burris rings with incerts, that will give me 30 MOA for around $70.00

Hopefully everything will work out

I have learned some very interesting stuff, fast way to Zero your scope before mounting, this will work for elevation and windage. Hold the objective lens to a mirror with good light behind you and look into the scope and align up cross hairs, faster then counting clicks

The egw rail and Burris rings is a good choice. May not even need the rail. If you set up your Burris inserts correctly you should be able to achieve 40 moa. Put a minus 20 on bottom and a plus 20 on top on the front ring and a plus 20 on bottom and minus 20 on top in the back ring and you should be good to go.

The egw rail and Burris rings is a good choice. May not even need the rail. If you set up your Burris inserts correctly you should be able to achieve 40 moa. Put a minus 20 on bottom and a plus 20 on top on the front ring and a plus 20 on bottom and minus 20 on top in the back ring and you should be good to go.

Or just get a better scope with more adjustment.

Spending 20 bucks on a insert kit is much cheaper than a new scope.