Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Oak Creek

It's 95* in Sedona and Page, so I escaped the heat into the canyon of West Fork of Oak Creek on Sunday. I figured that the cool night air would have descended into the canyon for some temperature relief. The monkey flowers and columbines along the creek are stating to bloom. About 3 miles up the trail, the creek goes through a narrow section that is somewhat like the Subway in Zion

Ed800TCBLWestFork6-2-2013_64066_zps10f7f

Ed800USZSPMax60-63_zpsa39213e8.jpg

Ed800WestFork6-2-2013_091_zpsdd2d1edd.jp

Been quite awhile since I visited the West Fork, as a much younger man I made several through trips usually starting on Woody Mtn road and traveling downstream. This post brought back many pleasant memories as this is now beyond my abilities (rock hopping and swimming with my pack on an air matress). THANK YOU for sharing.

Awesome Doug and again like always you come thru with amazing pictures. Never get tired of them that's for sure. Looking forward to the next bunch. :)

TJ

Those pictures makes me proud that i leave in such a wonderful state! there alot of hidden majestic places like those!! nice work Doug thank you for sharing!!!

Your Amazing Doug! I want to tag along with you some day. You have an Amazing eye!

Thanks for the comments.

Cosnino, I have not hiked down WF from Woody Mountain Rd in the 22 years I have lived in Flag. Have you hiked/swam West Clear Creek?

BB- actually, Rica is my trusted photographic assistant. She is always running ahead and scouting out the good compositions ;-)

One of our favorite places to hike! Always our day-after-Thanksgiving tradition! I've always wanted to hike down from Woody Mountain Road, too.