sherman

Good scope out to 900

In the next few months I am going to be looking at a new scope for out to 900 yards but most shots will be more like 600. What is a good scope for less then $600. I am and will always be a fan of Leopold but am willing to look else where

Vortex viper hs, swfa 10x42 ss, swfa 3.5-15x42,

All three will be fine for your needs and then some. If you want to shoot 900 or more, make sure the scope you get has enough adjustment to get there. Some scopes that seem like a good value might not have enough adjustment. Nikon, zeiss conquest, etc. the scopes i listed are 30mm tubes and have good adjustment ranges. The 1" tubes might not have enough adjustment for the most part, which is the nikon line, zeiss conquest line, etc.

HI-LUX from Leatherwood the UNI-Dial rifle scope is in that price range! my custom 30.06 made by Doyle Shamley was topped off with this scope and it shoots a 1000 yards! My wife took her buck last year at 584 yards with it !! scope is very user freindly too!...it has not let me down!!...just a thought!..hope this helps!! :P Happy hunting! :D

The guy that showed me how to reload spoke of Leatherwood scopes all the time but the one he has has never been used so I didn't know how good they are. From what he was saying they are easy to use? He wants to put it on the gun I have and try it out befor he goes and buys a LR gun. Maybe that is where I can try it out and do some recon. Thanks for the info so far

Any of the big name scopes will work even the Nikon's with 1" tubes. Elevation is an easy problem to fix with proper rings and or mounts. Caliber also plays a big part in it as the 308 is going to require a lot more elevation than say a 6.5-284 or 270 to reach 1000 yards.

I gess I should have said it was for a 7mm rem mag. Thanks for the info agan.

I agree. This is a steal for a great high quality scope. Buy one if you can and never look back. What a deal!!!