Sign in to follow this  
DCS

Deer Banquet last night

Hey all,went to the Deer Banquet last night.The gov.tag for mule deer sold for 245,000.Not as many people as usual,don't really know why?Food was great,had a good time.

Glad to see the tag went for $245,000. WOW!

TJ

$245000...great job for wildlife all!

PS Keep those tags out of SFW's hands!

Great night for Mule deer! Money goes for many great things! I remember when it was $25k

Glad the tag sold for so much, but I was a little disappointed with the banquet. Only a 100 people or so, and the way they did the raffles was IMO terrible. Never before have I seen a banquet that for 2055$, you are guaranteed a gun. I also thought the meal was great in flavor, but saw lots of steaks not get eaten because they were less than rare!!! A few ladies out our table would not even take a bite. Could not have been more than a 1/16th of an inch of sear on any side of a 1 1/2" steak.

The whole family went and we had a great time. The food was very good and everyone there could not have been more pleasant from the individuals with the AZ deer association to the people around us. I for one liked the new gun raffle...I bought a 100.00 dollar package and won a rifle and we had a friend who bought a 300.00 package and also won a rifle. We also had a chance at winning a second rifle without having to purchase more raffle tickets. I did ask a staff member about. attendance and was told there was about 130 people. We did have one person at are table ask if they could cook her prime rib a little longer and she had it back in less then 3 min cooked as she had requested. All in all I think it was a great night...Some very nice auction items and LOTS of money raised for the wildlife here in Arizona !!!

• Like 2