Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

2 cams stolen does any one know this set up?

Sorry they got you.

I just don't understand others obsession to steal cameras. Why spend the time and effort to take someones used camera when you can go out and buy a brand new one and probably spend less money? The last one I had taken was in a fairly hard to get to area and they took everything but the roots of the tree it was on.

22 and 23 are notorious for tampered/stolen/destroyed cameras.

I can attest to the fact that 22 is notorious for this. About a half dozen of my friends and I have been victims in the last several years along the rim country. Well, it finally happened that one of my friends caught someone red handed stealing his stuff. The thief had his blind, feeder, 2 cameras, chairs, and other items tied down on his quad. The thief had his wife and his very young son, maybe 3yrs old, along with him to help. He actually drove his quad right to the spot even though there wasn't a trail or road. Long story short the thief untied all the gear and laid it on the ground and drove off.

My friend recognized him as a delivery driver and son of an owner of a well known construction company out of the Payson area. Charges have been made thru the forest service and sheriff's offices. This individual also admitted he has been stealing hunter's equipment for years. I assume he is responsible for all my stuff as well.

When my friend gives me the OK I will post his picture here and posters will be hung in the Payson area.

TJ

• Like 5

Sorry they got you.

I just don't understand others obsession to steal cameras. Why spend the time and effort to take someones used camera when you can go out and buy a brand new one and probably spend less money? The last one I had taken was in a fairly hard to get to area and they took everything but the roots of the tree it was on.

I can attest to the fact that 22 is notorious for this. About a half dozen of my friends and I have been victims in the last several years along the rim country. Well, it finally happened that one of my friends caught someone red handed stealing his stuff. The thief had his blind, feeder, 2 cameras, chairs, and other items tied down on his quad. The thief had his wife and his very young son, maybe 3yrs old, along with him to help. He actually drove his quad right to the spot even though there wasn't a trail or road. Long story short the thief untied all the gear and laid it on the ground and drove off.

My friend recognized him as a delivery driver and son of an owner of a well known construction company out of the Payson area. Charges have been made thru the forest service and sheriff's offices. This individual also admitted he has been stealing hunter's equipment for years. I assume he is responsible for all my stuff as well.

When my friend gives me the OK I will post his picture here and posters will be hung in the Payson area.

TJ

that's crazy, TJ!

although not in the forest, we had our recycling bin stolen yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean dang... they will deliver you 1 if you just call!

James

• Like 1

Sorry they got you.

TJ

Thieves deserve to be publicly humiliated... PICTURES!

That top photo of the lock box is mine!!!! That bites! Anybody have any better boxes? That was a new cam!

Hey scott, just wanted to say hi, it's dave. Love that buck in your avatar. I sent you a pm with my phone number. It's been a while, give me a holler dude.

That top photo of the lock box is mine!!!! That bites! Anybody have any better boxes? That was a new cam!

Sorry to hear you lost a cam. The thieves in my area are using cordless grinders and can cut thru any lock or cable so a stronger box means nothing to them. Good luck with your next setup.

TJ

anymore I focus on hiding the cam more than how hard I make it for them to steal them. They'll get it if they want it. But they cant get it if they never see it.

How would one hide a cam? Can't bury it in a tree branches....anything that moves sets off the shutter.

Bury in wood pile, where no water is, on a trail?

• Like 1

anymore I focus on hiding the cam more than how hard I make it for them to steal them. They'll get it if they want it. But they cant get it if they never see it.

How would one hide a cam? Can't bury it in a tree branches....anything that moves sets off the shutter.

Bury in wood pile, where no water is, on a trail?

I'm with you. If you're out hiking and see a chunk of salt or a hole where salt used to be the first thing you look for is where's the camera.

I make my boxes out of 1/4 inch tube and then put two 4 inch bolts into tree .I had good luck last year on my elk hunt, ever pond had about 4 cameras on it counting mine for about 2 months never had a issue .sorry about your loss sucks butt

When I set a camera at a water hole I use the time lapse and set the camera way back from the water ,many times up high in a tree! Prefferably back far enough to monitor the entire water hole and set it to take 2 pic every 5 or 10 minutes daytime with a large gig card its good fo a month! Set ups like this are way less likely to be messed with!

I also have used decorative plastic barrel cactus (Micheales artsy fartsystore) that are just big enough to put a small cam into.... These have never been stolen by a human, once a bear picked it up and moved it and I was lucky to notice it when checking a trail by the location!

Always wash my hands before setting or checking cams and spray down cam and area with scent eliminator - Bears zero in on cams that have odors of humans on them!

Last year we talk to a forest ranger and they told us as they see it as ,if you leave game cameras ,blinds, or tree stands, they are considered abandon that's bullshit I think .

I design and fabricate security boxes based on the camera. Each box is "fitted" to the cam.

I have had over 30 trail cameras out for the past 3 years, and most are Not locked. Never had a camera stolen! ( knock, knock). My cameras are hidden! It is very hard to steal if you don't know it's there...

Zukicrazy's boxes may be excluded but there are very few boxes you can't get into with a battery operated grinder...or at least get it off the tree and then they have all the time in the world to do it. I am with azlance...you have to hind them. I rarely lock mine as well...the box is just more money to lose. I bring zip ties and brush cutters and brush them in.