Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

When is the next Banquet?

Saturday night's San Tan Banquet was the first Banquet I have attended. I had such a great time that I'm really looking forward to my next banquet. Does anyone know of any Banquets coming up?

Thanks,

Adam

OE4A is having their banquet it looks like on July 13th.

+ 1 Great banquet, incredible cause, delicious food!!!

Yes, OE4A is a great one! It's different than a regular game species banquet. Since they are set up to help kids, it has a whole different emotional element to the banquet. here is a link to their website so you can learn more about them.

We are planning to have a CWT table for this one, so if you decide you want to go, let me know.

http://www.outdoorexperienceforall.org/

Yes, OE4A is a great one! It's different than a regular game species banquet. Since they are set up to help kids, it has a whole different emotional element to the banquet. here is a link to their website so you can learn more about them.

We are planning to have a CWT table for this one, so if you decide you want to go, let me know.

http://www.outdoorexperienceforall.org/

Thanks for the Info Amanda. Do you have any more seats available for the CW Table? Do they usually have a good raffle? I wasn't able to find any info on any raffle or auction items.

Adam

Amanda, would you kindly add Peg & I to the cwt table if there is room. Thank You!

TJ

yes, there are still seats at the table...I hadn't even added anyone to the table yet.

I likely won't be able to make it because I think Jim Reynolds will be doing his party that day. However, Jim might move the date, so will find out soon.

so here is the starting list for the table:

Peg and TJ

Shelvin and his wife (let me know if she is for sure Shelvin)

Adam?

And adam, they don't usually have as big an auction or raffle at this event as some of the other banquets. But I can check with Eddy to see if they have any lists yet of items.

Here is some more info about the banquet. They will have several raffles for hunts and guns as well as a silent auction with great items.

OE4A Annual Fundraiser is on July 13th and is coming up fast. We have many different silent and raffle items being donated. Do not wait to purchase your ticket do it today and help us avoid the last minute rush. Tickets are $75.00 each and a table sponsor is $800.00 for 10 people. If you sponsor a table make sure to email me your logo and we will add it to our sponsor power point presentation and also include you web site address. All tickets include all the beer, wine and soda you can drink, but be responsible. The Windmill Inn and Suites in Chandler is the location for this event and they are offering a discount rate for the rooms. Please contact Edrie Romans to book a room 480-917-4468.

Here are some of the items that our guest can bid on or purchase raffle tickets.

1. Antlered Mule Deer Hunt in Colorado. The hunt details and raffle ticket purchase can be found on the web site www.OE4A.org through PayPal.

1. Cow elk hunt in New Mexico with Black Mountain Outfitters http://bmohunts.com/index.php for just $1 per ticket. The hunt details and raffle ticket purchase can be found on the web site www.OE4A.org through PayPal.

1. How about a buffalo hunt in South Dakota. This is a 2 year old buffalo in Pine Ridge South Dakota. Private land hunt on 5000 acres license not needed since it is private land and herd. If you wish to have it field dressed and loaded on to your truck it is a $200 charge. The ranch has a bunk house for 4 people and the winning bidder can stay there as part o the hunt. Transportation, food and processing are not included. The processor is located in Gordon Nebraska about 39 miles south. Included is the hunt and guide by property owner John Black Feather owner of Black Feather Buffalo Ranch here is a write up from 2010. The hunt will take place in November 14-17 2013. http://www.manataka.org/page1026.html

1. For the past 4 years Skylar and Sarah Stark of the Diamond C Bow Hunting Ranch http://www.texasbowhunt.com/index.php has donated an archery hog hunt in Texas. This is for one person, 2 hogs in 2 days including lodging. Winning bidder is responsible for transportation, meals and hunting license. Hogs can be cleaned for $25.00 each. You can also hunt exotics, check out their web site.

1. For you non-hunters we have a 7-day Bahamas Beach House vacation. Karen and I, Ron and Jacki Moore spent a week there this May and we had a blast. Check out their web site and ask any of us any questions. This item is valued at $8500.00 http://www.islandexplorations.com/index.html

1. Are you lacking in the romance category? Here is your chance to change that. Have you heard of the “Ultimate California Wine Country Romantic Getaway for two”? I didn’t think so, but you can be a hero and score some major points with this one. This fabulous Mendocino Coast California wine country romantic getaway for two people includes four-night accommodations at the world famous Stanford Inn Resort. Includes four star accommodations, gourmet dinner for two, spa visit with massage for two, tour of the Mendocino Botanical Gardens and Special wine tasting, plus one of the following unique experiences:

Ocean Kayak tour for two historical train ride thru redwoods or Horseback riding on the Pacific. Valued at $5500.00

1. Heritage Metalworks once again has donated a bunch of stuff. Check out the web site at www.pewter.com
Have you ever heard of the Pleasant Valley War?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pleasant Valley War, sometimes called the Tonto Basin Feud, or Tonto Basin War, was commonly thought to be an Arizona sheep war between two feuding families, the cattle-herding Grahams and the sheep-herding Tewksbury’s. However, eyewitness reports show that sheep were not brought into Pleasant Valley until 1885, two years after the feuding between the Tewksbury and Graham factions began. Although Pleasant Valley is physically located in Gila County, Arizona, many of the events in the feud took place in Apache County, and in Navajo County. The feud itself lasted for about a decade, with its most deadly incidents between 1886 and 1887, with the last known killing occurring in 1892. Of all the feuds that have taken place throughout American history, the Pleasant Valley War was the most costly, resulting in an almost complete annihilation of the two families involved.

Read more about it on this link or see number 8: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Valley_War

1. Cherry Creek Lodge has donated a stay for two for two nights. The Cherry Creek Lodge is located where the Pleasant Valley War took place and on Tewksbury land. Arizona Highways TV show did a clip on the Pleasant Valley War and on the Cherry Creek Lodge. Here are the links to both.

For the Cherry Creek Lodge video click this link:

For the Pleasant Valley War video click this link:

1. We will also have a few guns, 223, 243, 270, 30-06 and out special raffle gun a Tikka 300 Win Mag. All rifles have either Vortex or Zeiss scopes on them. We have a camo muzzle loader and a very cool CZ over and under 410 shotgun valued at $929.00. We also have optics from Leupold, Vortex, Swarovski, Zeiss and waiting for a reply from Leica. Donations coming from Outdoorsmans, Kenetrek Wilderness Athlete, Bass Pro Shops, Plano, AZ Diamondbacks, Cincinnati Reds, LA Dodgers, Phoenix Precast, Wounded Warrior Outdoors, Double Buck Taxidermy, APS and 123-Go. Bear carved logs and a very unique piece of art. Now this I know you have never seen unless you have been to my house. This bear cub is made out of nails welded one at a time. Bill Secunda’s art is amazing. Check out his web site http://www.weldart.com/index.htm and make sure to click on “The Sculptures” and then click on “Making of the Crucifix”. It will blow you away. Chris and I have gone to Butler PA and had the opportunity to see his work first hand and the pictures do not do his work justice. We have a bunch more items coming in; we are also working on a chukar and pheasant hunt. Hope to see you on July 13th.

If you wish to donate it is not too late, please call me.

Thanks for all your support. Eddy Corona 480-529-8340

Amanda, Do you still have room at your table?

Adam