Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

polaris ranger street legal help

So I have license plate light, seatbelts, horn, emissions (not needed as last week). I have a mirror on the side which i will use as the rear view mirror do to back seats, will that still work? Anything else you guys can think of before i go down there tomorrow.

Insurance? Goggles, winsheild? I don't have a clue what is needed but good post because I'm in the same boat for a quad.

Add Insurance, break lights, eye protection and you need to know your arm signals for stoping and turning. I did my rhino in 06' loaded it up on the trailer went down to DMV expecting a hassle but when I got there they only wanted to see my paper work and my check. They never even looked at the rhino. I guess they were sve the compliance part for when or if I was stop by the police.

As far as I know they never look at the machine. You go in buy the plate and tags and walk out. If its not street legal its your own problem at that point. They have never looked at any of my quads or my ranger.

You need a horn too. I started wearing Goggles, last year before that iit was just glasses, what a difference keeps the dust out of your eyes, bugs, heavy rain, well worth a good pair. JLG.

Dear Valued Customer:

You are receiving this email because our records indicate you own a vehicle that is affected by a recent change in Arizona vehicle emissions testing requirements.

Effective June 21, 2013, motorcycles, All Terrain Cycles (ATC), and All Terrain Vehicles (ATV) will be exempt from Arizona vehicle emissions testing.

Motorcycle, ATC and ATV registrations that are processed on or after the effective date will no longer be required to undergo emissions testing, regardless of the registration expiration date.

EXAMPLE:
If a motorcycle, ATC or ATV registration expires on June 15, 2013 but the customer does not renew the registration until on or after the effective date (June 21, 2013), no emissions testing is required since the registration renewal wasn’t processed until after the effective date. However if you register late, you will be required to pay all late registration fees.

If you have questions regarding this emissions exemption please contact the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality at 602-771-3954 or Motor Vehicle Division at 602-255-0072.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Division

ROBERT J. SMITH
Program Manager

This is an automated message: Do not reply to this email.

I have a horn and a windshield. Well ill go down tomorrow and let u guys know what happened

Halleluiah!! Getting emissions on my two ATV's was always such a hassle. About time someone came to their senses. I rarely ride them in Maricopa county anyway.

So I went down to one of those 3rd party dmv places which are so nice. I took my plate and registrations and said I want to make my ranger street legal. They asked if i wanted mainly on-highway or off-highway. I said mainly off-highway but i will occasionaly be on the main road. She said thats fine. So there was no inspection or anything. You have to have a OHV tag still and also regular tags. It cost me 19 dollars, will be different for some but no much, to make it street legal. I called my Insurance Agent up and got quoted for 1 full year for full coverage, if i crash they repair, or hit anyone, and it costs me 104 dollars a year.

• Like 1

Who did you insure it with. Mine will not cover it. They will not even have another companies under write it.

Try Progressive, their rates are low and they handle claims promptly. At least they did on mine when my kid totaled it. No my rates didn't go up afterwards.