Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Found a new water hole. Well I made it instead...

I would be careful with that if it is on state trust land. I did that in an area that did not have water for miles but it was solar pumped from an abondoned well. It supplied the wildlife with water for awhile until someone found it sheriffs dept. was contacted and everything was seized including my trail camera. Apparently it is illegal to set up water on state trust land.

Which does not make sense, one would think that it would be encouraged to place water out for the wildlife. The water availability isn't like it was in the past. Springs that used to be full every year are bone dry all year now.

You will get something! Excited to see...I set some water up on some land someone I know owns and was very excited to see the results...it was alot of work...I did quite a bit more than 5-7 gallons, and I'll just say that water was gone in a very short amount of time, the animals were thirsty. But if I ever get drawn archery for that area I will do it over again

Lonne

Way cool. That's what I call thinking outside the box. I can't wait to hear how it worked.

very cool. ya everything is illegal anymore so go with it and let them catch you. government bug off. happy fourth, or forfatheres would be good with it.

Nice job. I in one spot I used a plastic trash can and ran a line from it to a 10 gallon plastic trough with a float valve. I would just go in there every few weeks and fill the storage tank all the way up. It wasn't easy work but it was better to have one day of hauling buckets of water back and forth than always having to carry a bucket every week. I can't wait to see the results of your hard work. Whether its illegal or not you're supplying many critters with the most precious life sustaining resource. Good job.

I saw one pretty cool recently. It had a nice wide surface area for water catchment, and then underground hoses to a trough. Still looking to find the design for that somewhere if anyone has one.

How much did that set you back? I could see me setting one up myself.

Very cool, it will be interesting to see what you get coming in.

I did this and a bear tore up the drinker then all the water drained out . Ended up staking the drinker and the tank then using motar and large rocks to protect the drinker and supply line.....