Sign in to follow this  
Lance

Score this buck!!!

I'd say 78 or 79 and thats pushing it!....antelope scoring has nothing to do with how wide he is! he is a trophy for sure!! I'd take him first day just becuse he looks really cool! an he would look even better up on the wall!...it takes alot to reach 88+ inches i found out the hard way!...but a trophy is in the eye of the beholder! :D

/>Ok here goes. Take the first picture and look how he is minus the top half of completing a full circle of 360deg. Now minus half of 360 for 180. We're almost there. Since he has 2 horns you must divide once again by 2 for a score of 90 and subtract his 2 kickers, I know that doesn't sound right but that's antelope math. His final score will be real close to 88 give or take an inch. Mass has nothing to do with score once the circle has been broken down. Pretty simple to me.

SCORE = 88

TJ

Mass has everything to do with scoring antelope. 2 length measurements vs. 8 mass measurements. Now that's simple math.

Ok here goes. Take the first picture and look how he is minus the top half of completing a full circle of 360deg. Now minus half of 360 for 180. We're almost there. Since he has 2 horns you must divide once again by 2 for a score of 90 and subtract his 2 kickers, I know that doesn't sound right but that's antelope math. His final score will be real close to 88 give or take an inch. Mass has nothing to do with score once the circle has been broken down. Pretty simple to me.

SCORE = 88

TJ

Now that is funny!!!

Mass has everything to do with scoring antelope. 2 length measurements vs. 8 mass measurements. Now that's simple math.

While I completely agree that mass has everything to do with scoring antelope, there are 12 measurements on an antelope. Now that's simple math. :)

Two are length, 8 are mass, and 2 are half mass and half length (prongs). Therefore, 10 of the 12 measurements have a component of mass in them.

• Like 1

ThiS Buck Used To Be A Lot Bigger. And He Is 7-8 Years Old. Eli Found Some Pictures Of Him From Way Back.

I Think A Lot Of You Made Some Great Guesses! TJ You Crack Me Up! :) I Have Him GuessEd Now At 80-82" And A Very Impressive Looking Buck At That! :)