Sign in to follow this  
Chef

Shout out to NatureGirl!

I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to our forum member Christina aka Naturegirl.

I have been busy the past several months with a complete home remodel.

Looking through the "Family Strengths" post I found that she and her husband own and operate a floor finishing company.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/1797-family-strengths/page-17http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/1797-family-strengths/page-17

I was in need of a garage floor makeover so I gave Christina a call.

My garage floor was uneven, had cracks, was discolored with stains, and basically

brought the look of the home down. I wanted to do an epoxy floor finish and that's what they delivered.

I can't thank Christina enough, very easy to work with and top notch service with a quality product.

If anyone is looking to get this done, I recommend them and will use them again if I ever need this service in the future.

I've been meaning to post earlier but needed to get my shelving up on the wall and off the flooring.

post-67-0-35551700-1373665792_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-15972000-1373665805_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-39330200-1373665811_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-84181500-1373665816_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-14395700-1373665824_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-66299300-1373665829_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks great! I would like to get that done to my garage one of these days.

I haven't seen any posted from Nature Girl in quite a while, hope she starts posting again.

It's great when members can help other members out!

That's what I always try and do! ;)

I really want that done badly.....hopefully she's still on the site. Wouldn't mind getting some estimates for mine. That looks great! Vern

That looks better than a new floor Hector. Glad to see cwt members helping out other cwt members. Great work Nature Girl. :)

TJ

I did quite a bit of research on different coatings and finishes for concrete. I ultimately decided that an epoxy coating is what would work best for me.

Once I decided, I researched and contemplated the "do it yourself" kits. Reading reviews and asking questions, I opted to go the professional route and am glad I did.

Most if not all of the "do it yourself" kits begin to peel and wear thin very quickly. I looked at more than a few garages done this way, and you can definitely see the poor quality of the product. Especially in high traffic areas. Compound the fact that I run hot and sticky mud terrain tires, it was an easy choice to go pro.

The success in the professional applications is two fold. First off, the prep of the concrete. They etch the concrete and get it to a virgin state. This allows the product to adhere firmly and properly. Next up, is the commercial grade materials used. These are NOT the same chemicals found in the home kits.

Needless to say, I'm happy with the end result.

You will be too!

Thank you Chef :0) I absolutely love the final outcome. You did a great job on the trim work and finishing touches!

Thank you for taking the time to explain the difference between professional installation of epoxy floors vs DIY kits. Our years of installation experience, excellent prep of the concrete, and the high quality of our materials makes all the difference. It definitely costs more up front for us to professionally do the floor, but when we do it, it's a one-time deal and not something you will have to do over every couple years with DIY kits, which typically fail because of peeling, delamination, yellowing, etc.

Thanks again Chef! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

Christina

http://www.ultimatecoatingsaz.com/

PS - I'm still around :0) I've just been super busy with work, family, and normal life. I'm waiting patiently to see if it was me or the hubby that was drawn for deer :0) We were hit, but only with one charge! I feel like a kid at Christmas...LOL