Sign in to follow this  
JACK

MATTHEWS BOW RUMORS

I WAS GOING TO BUY A NEW BOW TODAY BUT, I HEARD THAT MATTEWS IS GOING TO BE RELEASING THE '07 BOWS NEXT MONTH WHICH ARE "UNBELIVEABLE" HAS ANYBODY ELSE HEARD THIS RUMOR?

SECONDLY, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE WHISKER BISCUIT. SEEMS LIKE THE PERFECT REST FOR SPOT AND STALK HUNTING.

It's always good to wait for next years' models. I don't know about "unbelievable". The WB is close to that. Perfect for southwestern style hunting.

I use a WB on my bow and love it. I'm sure it hurts accuracy a bit, but the trade offs are hard to beat.

I like my wisker bisquit too.

Ok, that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

;)

Hopefully when Matthews does come out with a new bow, a lot of the current Switchbacks will go on sale.

Whisker Biscuit = friction.

I use the rip cord drop away, keeps the arrow in perfect place while hunting.

WB = 2-3 less feet per second over a fall away. Not much. All rests have the limitations. Rip Cord= more moving parts = greater chance or error.

Andy

Usually they hold off till early in the year like late Jan. to debute anything "new", just before the vegas show. I guess they might have found a new place for another harmonic dampner........Most other leading manufacturers debut new line ups in early Nov., bowtech, hoyt, etc. try archerytalk.com there are some folks that are in the know over there that would know for sure.

I WAS GOING TO BUY A NEW BOW TODAY BUT, I HEARD THAT MATTEWS IS GOING TO BE RELEASING THE '07 BOWS NEXT MONTH WHICH ARE "UNBELIVEABLE" HAS ANYBODY ELSE HEARD THIS RUMOR?

SECONDLY, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE WHISKER BISCUIT. SEEMS LIKE THE PERFECT REST FOR SPOT AND STALK HUNTING.

They better, because their marketing machine has been quite for some time, no radical new designs, etc.

The Mach x and the Velocity are the best on the market now.

Redman

I have been using the whisker biscuit rest for a number of years and I love it, no worries of your arrow falling off rest, as for loss of speed it is not a factor as it is so minimal, as already stated by redman. B)

I haven't heard anything about the Mattews.

As for the rests, I prefer the drop away type, I can still PAPER TUNE if I want to and no friction. The only advantage of the WB is being able to stalk with the arrow held in place, but other systems/attachment can achieve this as well and still trap the arrow well. A buddy has a flexible tab (can't remember the name) that is spring loaded above the arrow and holds it in place, when the arrow is drawn back it flips out of the way.

I haven't ever had a problem with moving parts, but yes its possible with a drop away. I've personally tested my setup (hoyt supertec) which I consistently crono at between 300-305 fps with the drop away, while the WB tested much slower than some may think, it was between 8-15 fps slower for me, but speed isn't everything either!

Usually they hold off till early in the year like late Jan. to debute anything "new", just before the vegas show. I guess they might have found a new place for another harmonic dampner........Most other leading manufacturers debut new line ups in early Nov., bowtech, hoyt, etc. try archerytalk.com there are some folks that are in the know over there that would know for sure.

that is funny! where else could they put another dampner? I just bought the switchback LD, sold my switchback XT because it didnt fit quite right, I got a 31" and cant believe how smooth and comfortable it is to have a bow that fits, I have always shot 30" bows because they are more available.

I hear that the WB wear the vanes out quickly. Would the blazer vanes help? How do those work with broadheads? I talked to a guy that shot his new bow three times and the vanes looked horrible from the WB.

I didn't like the whisker bisquit because it contacted my vanes, and to me this meant decrease in accuracy, i don't care about the speed to much. I also have the rip cord but am looking for another full containment rest that is a drop away.

Benefit of the bisquit is that is is inexpensive for a good rest.

Sorry guys, the WB can't be beat as far as functionality and convenience for our style of hunting. Wih that being said, I ALSO shoot the TT on another bow and love the fall away (although a lot of them are absolute JUNK!).

Friction= nothing but a slightly slower arrow (and if set up wrong, obvious other reasons). 15fps is pretty steep. A lot steeper than any of my conclusions.

The advantages far outweigh the bad. The WB is hard on cheap vanes. I don't have a problem with my WB and Pro-fletch vanes.

If fall-aways were THAT much more accurate, you'd see them taking over the indoor tournaments. It's almost like saying that Hoyt is more accurate than PSE. Nathan and Chance still seem to be shooting fine. I don't mean to start an argument here. Sorry if I stepped on some toes but if people had the convenience of testing everything that's on the market, they'd find that marketing plays much more of a role in what's popular and not so much in what's better.

Then there's always personal preference. In the end, there's the facts. Don't let the before mentioned cloud the latter. I've NEVER been biased towards any manufacturer and have always considered the advantages and disadvantages to every product I've had the chance to test.

Once again, I shoot both. I've hunted with both. I love my TT but you can't go wrong with the WB's advantages.

I'm pretty sure all Mathews are amazing I have the XT and looooooooooooove it! I also have the whisker biscuit on it and I think it's pretty sweet too, now my cobra sight on the other hand could be a little better!