Don't see a whole lot of the bear from this angle. Its length is deceiving, but looks shorter than average. However, its ear looks short and curved, which is a common trait of a good bear. But again, it is so close to the camera, it is tough to fairly judge the ear from that perspective without seeing the complete head. Nonetheless, one thing is adundantly clear; that bear has a beautiful color phase hide. Any more pictures from this photo sequence?

Don't see a whole lot of the bear from this angle. Its length is deceiving, but looks shorter than average. However, its ear looks short and curved, which is a common trait of a good bear. But again, it is so close to the camera, it is tough to fairly judge the ear from that perspective without seeing the complete head. Nonetheless, one thing is adundantly clear; that bear has a beautiful color phase hide. Any more pictures from this photo sequence?

The camera snapped 3 pictures exactly like this, only bear i didn't get a good full body shot of in this area which is a bummer!

I'd tend to agree with Kidso about the size of the ear. The first thing that came to mind was it is most likely a mature bear but not a giant and I probably wouldn't pass on it if I had the chance.