Sign in to follow this  
nooch2222

13B help and info

Hello all. I was lucky enough to draw a 13B archery tag this year. Any helpful info on the area will be awesome. I will try to get up there and scout if work allows. Hope to be posting some pics.

If it's dry sit a tank. If it's wet and you don't scout good luck seeing a deer. It's BIG country with few deer. I would highly recommending scouting and setting some cameras. We set like 15 cameras a month before the hunt and only had 1 or 2 tanks worth sitting.

• Like 1

Your likely in for a tough hunt, but the opportunity at a good buck is there with a lot of scouting! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

From what i'm gathering from research this is going to be a great experience, I've always heard and seen pics of the monster bucks on the strip. Hard but if I wanted an easy hunt I would hunt out in the Eastern states. I've been told I could go days without seeing a deer, well I hunt out in 37B nothing new to me.

creed- this was my first time putting in for 13B and I only had 1 point. thought I would have a better shot winning the lottery. Very lucky!

Psh theyre their...figure out where the water is and sit it, or around it. The unit has decent hunt success to, and the majority of that hunt success is gooood bucks. Not a cake walk, but definitely doable. Everyone that has had an archery tag has told me its an extremely fun hunt! So go put down a biggin and have fun!

• Like 1

Call the wildlife manager his name is Luke, very helpful they want you to harvest, don't say you want a trophy buck they get turned off by that, his number is 928-856-0724.

good luck and post some pictures.

• Like 1

I would call luke thompson for sure, he is a very nice guy and a great example of what our game and fish officers should all be like

I hunted it for 10 days and scouted for 14 prior, didn't see a deer the first 5 days of my hunt. Its not easy in some spots its a 100miles on dirt road back to St George. Put 1200 miles on my truck in those 10 days. Start scouting now!

A great day is 4-5 deer glassing. Very low deer density and huge country, most the deer are concentrated depending on feed and water and the big bucks, well they arnt that's why they get that big.

Also what is the best way to get there? We will take our 5th wheel up the weekend before. I have been told to go the Vegas route then I heard today from a friend that its faster to head up through flagstaff.