Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Lecia or Swarovski

Greetings,

I been comptemplating a new pair of glasses. I cannot make up my mind. . I currently own a pair of Pentax 12.5 x 50 SP they are nice, but have a glare that bothers me. Obviously this will not be an easy investment but it should be my last on glasses.

I have narrowed my decision to the following:

Swarovski 10x42 EL and Leica 12x50 Ultravid now I need to settle on one.

Has anybody owned both or looked through both at the same setting at the same object?

Has anybody dealt with a repair from Swarovski or Leica, how where you treated?

Redman

GO to the Sportsmans Warehouse and compare them side by side, I was set on the Leica but when I was using them to look at their test target I could not get them focused at all and they were a poor fit for me, the swaro's on the other hand :D were great. AG

Can't go wrong with either. But....

I would go with the Swaro 10x42EL if you are looking for glass to carry around your neck. They are going to be lighter and 10 power is alot easier to hold still while glassing without the aid of a tripod. Also the customer service at Swarovski is awesome.

I've also dealt w/ Swarovski customer service and they are incredible as previous posters have mentioned. If you want neck binos, go w/ the el's. Tripod only, I'd probably go w/ the leicas or swarov 15*56. Also as Fatfootdoc mentioned, make sure they fit your face dimensions.

I sent my Leica 10 + 15 x 50 Duovids in for repair, ( scratched the objective lens in a fall). Lense replaced binocs like new and no questions asked. about $35 shipping was all it cost me. It was heck waiting for them to be returned though! The reason I bought the Duovids was so that I could wear them around my neck at 10-power and then tripod mount them at 15-power, and it works great. You can't go wrong with the warranties for Swaro or Leica.

Lee

I have 10x Leicas and had to send them in to repair a chipped lense, had them back in 1 week, no charge.

I think the quality of glass and customer service is equal for Swarovski and Leica, either way you will have an excellent pair of glasses.

Both have fantastic glass and both have great warranties. It will all be personal preference. But I am a swarovski fan big time.

prsonally, i have weird eyes and i cannot use either one of them! i cant use docters all that well either, my Zeiss actually fit my eyes well.

I have the 12 x 50 Ultravids and love them. I would be more worried about the power in this case rather than the make. They both make great glass but Leica are quite a bit more $$$.

If it was up to me. Leica. I wear them around my neck fine.

I have the 12 x 50 Ultravids and love them. I would be more worried about the power in this case rather than the make. They both make great glass but Leica are quite a bit more $$$.

If it was up to me. Leica. I wear them around my neck fine.

That is the model I will choose for Lecia. I can get a pair from the Demo List offered by Cameraland for less than 10x42 Swaros.

Thanks for the info.

Redman

You would be wise to send a pm to Red Rabbit. He does a lot of deep research on hunting products and I know he was planning on purchasing a Leica model.